Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoop has never recovered from 2017

I believe it’s the players that make the coaches, not the other way around. Shoop left here and went to MSU where he had the #1 defense in the country in 2018. Then he lost some key guys to the draft after that season and his defense fell to 73rd best in the country in 2019.

I believe Nick Saban is a pretty good coach but he is the premiere recruiter of our day. I think he wins a lot of games because he has the best talent on the field and can go 3 or 4 deep at most positions and not have much of a drop off in performance. He likely would not fare so well in the win column if he was at Vanderbilt with their typical talent level. jmo.

Last time I went to interstate it was horrible. I like all animals smoked if done well. I'd have put Rendezvous ribs against anything in Austin at one point, but not anymore. I'll try bbq shop next time through.
Rendezvous ribs are boiled and then chargrilled. It’s a novelty for tourists, and sometimes it’s delicious. Sometimes it’s not. It’s never been consistent and it’s not real barbecue. Flo Payne makes the best sandwich, and hot links. Cozy Corner makes good ribs, pork and Cornish hens. Commissary makes good barbecue. Barbecue Shop is good. A&R is a gem. Even Tops delivers consistently good barbecue as fast food. Memphis barbecue is doing just fine. You just need to go to the right places.

I believe it’s the players that make the coaches, not the other way around. Shoop left here and went to MSU where he had the #1 defense in the country in 2018. Then he lost some key guys to the draft after that season and his defense fell to 73rd best in the country in 2019.

I believe Nick Saban is a pretty good coach but he is the premiere recruiter of our day. I think he wins a lot of games because he has the best talent on the field and can go 3 or 4 deep at most positions and not have much of a drop off in performance. He likely would not fare so well in the win column if he was at Vanderbilt with their typical talent level. jmo.

He had the number #1 defense in the country with three first round picks and still got whooped by Mullen and Felipe Franks.

Shoop supposedly was brought here to beat Florida. He beat Florida in 2016, but Florida had Appleby as the QB. The Vols defense did not win that game, Mike Debord’s adjustments won that game.
if anyone thinks the problem was Shoop, y’all have bumped your heads.
Butch Jones & Jurmy Pruitt both meddled too much with the coordinators
It’s really a shame how bad both guys ****ed their own coaching staffs

Bellinger, Seager, lux, Smith, May, urias, Beuhler, Kershaw, Rios, Jensen, gonsolin....munch was a waiver wire find that made it up from our minor leagues...... best run organization in baseball right now and the sad thing is..... payroll this upcoming season is less than in 2015.

Rendezvous ribs are boiled and then chargrilled. It’s a novelty for tourists, and sometimes it’s delicious. Sometimes it’s not. It’s never been consistent and it’s not real barbecue. Flo Payne makes the best sandwich, and hot links. Cozy Corner makes good ribs, pork and Cornish hens. Commissary makes good barbecue. Barbecue Shop is good. A&R is a gem. Even Tops delivers consistently good barbecue as fast food. Memphis barbecue is doing just fine. You just need to go to the right places.
Interstate bbq is where it begins and ends in Memphis IMHO

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back