Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will know when we know. Everyone is entitled to think what they will. I think it is funny that some people think it is their God-given right to know as soon as it happens.
No, you have it wrong----they want to know before the hires are made. They want to be a part of the process because it the person doesn't meet their standards, all hell will break loose.

Don’t know how you’d know that when nobody else has been briefed. So he was cold calling DC’s even tho they had no inkling of their future boss? 😏
Coaches always, and I mean ALWAYS, call potential assistants around the country before they take a new job. It's not "cold calls."

Lol, of posters who bitch, you're at the top of the list.
********..the only thing I have really went off about was hiring James Franklin and burning the whole program down just to get rid of Fulmer and Pruitt.

And I will never apologize for how I feel about us trying to hire that ****** garbage human being.

Objection, speculation & hearsay. You always speak in absolutes with no connection to anyone in the know, it's weird.

You have no clue who I am or am not connected with.

I'll tell you this: VolQuest got wind of the Heupel hire because he called Lebby Tuesday night and asked him if he'd be interested in coming to Knoxville with him. Coaches are some of the most talkative, gossiping people you can imagine. Word gets around.

It's also why I think it's so funny Danny White wants to crack down on leaks from the inside - what comes from the inside isn't the whole beast.

Coaches always, and I mean ALWAYS, call potential assistants around the country before they take a new job. It's not "cold calls."
I don’t believe you. I think you’re making up a lot of crap and calling it facts. 😏

Edit: And to add...we’re not talking about HEUPEL with the “two weeks” juxtaposition. You’d be saying DANNY WHITE was making those calls while Franklin and Elliott were still in play.

Last edited:
Yeah, we'll see. I think Matt House would be a fine hire if we end up there.

But interviewing Jancek today after you've been on the job for nearly two weeks, plus the factors I mentioned earlier, pretty much guarantees to me that a few folks have turned it down.
Nearly 2 week huh? I guess maybe there's a big time zone difference between reality and narrative driven opinion stated as facts land.

I'll tell you this: VolQuest got wind of the Heupel hire because he called Lebby Tuesday night and asked him if he'd be interested in coming to Knoxville with him. Coaches are some of the most talkative, gossiping people you can imagine. Word gets around.

It's also why I think it's so funny Danny White wants to crack down on leaks from the inside - what comes from the inside isn't the whole beast.

Control what you can control and it limits a clown show. He knows he can’t control outside but that isn’t under his watch

Yeah, we'll see. I think Matt House would be a fine hire if we end up there.

But interviewing Jancek today after you've been on the job for nearly two weeks, plus the factors I mentioned earlier, pretty much guarantees to me that a few folks have turned it down.

I’ll take a Big John Janitors hire. Time to clean up this mess.

Reactions: Kingston Vol

Nah, I know as much about you as I need to. You're clueless, and wear it with an air of arrogance that is hilarious.

Basilio said DC. And he was also the first person to mention Matt House yesterday.

So, I think, if we believe him on the latter, we have to believe him on the former.

But it does make sense they could be together - Jancek is not exactly a hot commodity.
Basilio throws out a lot of stuff and occasionally he is right.

giphy-downsized.gif

I don't know anyone with an "in" I read information as it becomes available from here, from twitter, from various sports websites/blogs.

I connect my own dots and have never presented them as being in any way more or less informed than the average poster on here. Regardless of who the DC hire ends up being I highly doubt that CJH or DW only called one candidate and that's the guy we hire, to believe that is naive. But to also believe every person who says they were contacted and decided to stay where they were got a legit offer is just as naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back