Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, but I can see how you got there. No harm, no foul.
Yeah, we'll see. I think Matt House would be a fine hire if we end up there.

But interviewing Jancek today after you've been on the job for nearly two weeks, plus the factors I mentioned earlier, pretty much guarantees to me that a few folks have turned it down.

Reactions: Jack Burton
When both Football Scoop and Bruce Feldman say we were "talking" to a candidate but they "decided" to stay at their current job, that means we were rejected.

It's very simple. The rumored candidates getting worse (in terms of reputation and standing in the coaching community) by the day is also a dead give away.
Maybe they’re not talking code and those words stand on their own without your asterisks. 🤔

But interviewing Jancek today after you've been on the job for nearly two weeks, plus the factors I mentioned earlier, pretty much guarantees to me that a few folks have turned it down.
You said it. We will see.

Do we know for a fact Jancek is being interviewed for DC and not a position coach?

I have a pretty good ability to block out events that are emotionally and/or psychologically painful (ok...I actually just forget a sh!t-ton of stuff whether it was good or bad). On the Jancek 4th and 14 deal, was it a bad call or bad execution? I know he’s ultimately responsible for both, but if it was a decent call I can cut him some slack.

Seems like there was some controversy over a linebacker spying, and I’m pretty sure at least one or two DBs took horrific angles.

I’d rather him not be the hire, but I was surprised when a few of you seemed OK with it.

Do we know for a fact Jancek is being interviewed for DC and not a position coach?
Basilio said DC. And he was also the first person to mention Matt House yesterday.

So, I think, if we believe him on the latter, we have to believe him on the former.

But it does make sense they could be together - Jancek is not exactly a hot commodity.

Reactions: VolsNUT

Again, this info is not coming from UT. It is coming from the candidates side. Is it confirmed Janceck interviewed for the DC job?

If you’re referencing Heupel? He’s been on the job a WEEK. If you’re referencing White, he wasn’t going to interview a DC before he had his HC signed.

I have a pretty good ability to block out events that are emotionally and/or psychologically painful (ok...I actually just forget a sh!t-ton of stuff whether it was good or bad). On the Jancek 4th and 14 deal, was it a bad call or bad execution? I know he’s ultimately responsible for both, but if it was a decent call I can cut him some slack.

Seems like there was some controversy over a linebacker spying, and I’m pretty sure at least one or two DBs took horrific angles.

I’d rather him not be the hire, but I was surprised when a few of you seemed OK with it.

100% player execution

3 guys covering 2 and some of the most idiotic angles I've ever seen.

It was schematically bad and equally botched on execution. It took a lot of effort to lose that game.

If you’re referencing Heupel? He’s been on the job a WEEK. If you’re referencing White, he wasn’t going to interview a DC before he had his HC signed.
Time is a flat circle, it's all running together for me.

Either way, he's been calling potential DCs since last Tuesday night. Almost two full business weeks on the job.

That was from basilio who has been wrong thousands of times.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Either way, he's been calling potential DCs since last Tuesday night. Almost two full business weeks on the job.
Don’t know how you’d know that when nobody else has been briefed. So he was cold calling DC’s even tho they had no inkling of their future boss? 😏

Objection, speculation & hearsay. You always speak in absolutes with no connection to anyone in the know, it's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back