Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why it's such a big deal that some of us would like to know who our coaches are? Also don't understand the benefit of waiting to announce the staff all at once? Clearly, some of his former UCF staff have followed CJH. I have zero problem with that. Why don't we just announce who they are? I agree there are certain things that should be kept secret. I'm not sure I understand the need to keep everything secret. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I just find some of this hush-hush, it's a secret a little over-the-top and a bit alienating. I'm not sure how keeping your staff secret actually builds culture.

For one, if the in today out a few days later happens here like it did in USC jr the hysteria around here would be national headlines!

Good I was hoping artis would stay..... I bet that is why JH has been at workouts so much..... besides developing bond with players..... he was seeing the type of job artis was doing.

Team seemed to take a step backwards since Artis took over. Maybe an overall team dynamic, head coach issue, Covid issue but it was noticeable to me.

Seems like they're not really hiding hires once they're official unless there is a potential impact to a hires previous team. Heupel said he plans to finalize the staff this weekend and let DW decide on the announcement. Heupel also said he would be available to discuss the hires Monday. So maybe the hires trickle out over the weekend with a press conference to officially announce all of them on Monday. He seemed fairly confident he'd be able to discuss them with press Monday. Which may indicate he's fairly confident that he has the rest of the staff locked up.

Team seemed to take a step backwards since Artis took over. Maybe an overall team dynamic, head coach issue, Covid issue but it was noticeable to me.
Didn’t notice a physical difference from previous seasons. I think we overhyped Fitz.

True but hard to be the strength guy when they aren’t allowed on campus.... hard to hold it against him..... I’m assuming his work/vision matches what JH wants.

Why does it matter so much when they announce it? If they get the right guy, it does not matter when they announce it. If they don't get the right guy, it does not matter when they announce it. So, bear with me here, what is important is that they get the right guy. Simple. Simple.

How are they boring if we get to speculate even longer that we do now? Throwing out random opinions as facts is what we do best.
This is true..... I find it funny when someone gets pissed with every name basilio mentions even though he has been wrong Over and over again.

Reactions: drvenner
I understand no leaks, but damn the off seasons are going to be boring af now.

You severely underestimate VN's ability to make inferences from the tiniest tidbit, irregardless of the validity of said tidbit.

iu

Based on Louisville site, they believe we did offer and Louisville countered. He got a big raise. I also believe we offered.

I felt like wording would have been different if we made a formal offer. Media don't tiptoe around those types of things. The wording clearly only went as far as to say he received interest. That message is coming from the Louisville side in an attempt to look good. If there was an offer they would say "Turned down offer from UT" IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back