Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a list of schools that run a base 3-3-5?

I don't think the idea of a "base defense" is as relevant as it once was. I'm no more than a layman when it comes to looking at what's on the field but what I see is multiple and the distinctions are hard. Is a guy an edge rusher or a coverage linebacker? Is a safety being treated as a linebacker?

For today’s project, the goal was to investigate the relationship between talent, pace, and defensive power ratings to see which DC’s are able to maintain their effectiveness with crazy fast offenses.

Surprisingly, pace wasn’t predictive at all, with talent and the coach’s precious defensive scores being the only usable predictive factors.

Interesting stuff, and makes me a less inclined to think we need someone that’s had defensive success in a fast-paced overall scheme.

I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.

Prayers offered for her as well as for your family for healing and peace from the Lord.

I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.
Put her on the prayer list, Exiled!

Friend, praying now for your grandaughter, her heart, her doctors, and her parents. Praying for you as well.

Praying for comfort and strength for you, the parents, and your Granddaughter. God's will is perfect.

You know VN has your back. I will pray and send positive thoughts. Please let us know if the family needs anything at all and we will do our best to help however we can.

Yes you got it.

Praying for a complete healing in Jesus name

Agreed

I’m asking about Arnetts 3-3-5 and who else runs it ?
It's designed to counter spread uptempo offenses where you can be multiple and counter whatever they throw at you without needing to sub. It's also designed to be aggressive and force negative plays and turnovers. Some articles about it:

Origin story of the 3-3-5 defense employed by ASU and SDSU
Coincidentally it's origin is traced back to a UTC alum.
Joe Lee Dunn can hardly hide the nostalgia in his voice when talking about his brainchild, excitedly spilling words through a thick southern drawl as he relives the sequence of events that led to his creation of his 3-3-5 “Fire Ant” defense.
“People call it organized chaos,” he laughed. “I guess that’s what it is.”
Dunn, a fiery former quarterback, spent the early years of his coaching career at his alma mater, Tennessee-Chattanooga, working as an assistant under Joe Morrison. When Morrison was hired by UNM in 1980, Dunn went with him to Albuquerque. That’s when he first coached with Rocky Long.

Multiple Defensive Fronts In The 3-3-5

3–3–5 defense - Wikipedia

Praying

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back