Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster on VQ says Heupel is being Merritt, the RB coach with him. I’m glad he’s got familiarity, but some of this could be risky. That dude has barely coached at all, only one has recruited at this level and that’s the WR coach if they can keep him. I know these are offense and we shouldn’t worry bc the offense is Heupel’s yada yada yada, but that is a question mark for how they will work and recruit in this league. They are already behind the 8 ball in this all important ‘22 class

Win and they're gonna come

Not being able to surround yourself with great coaches was one of his downfalls.

It will be interesting to see who jumps on board. All I'm saying is I hope he surrounds himself with the best coaches, and they all aren't in Orlando right now.
His best staff was his first staff. And had he kept Jancek and Lawson we’re a much better team in 2016. His staff was not the reason he failed. He mismanagement the team and made too many in-game mistakes that resulted in losses

It doesn’t matter if you bring in the best staff in the country if you butt heads and do not have the same ideas it won’t work. Same with players it’s why you see Cinderella teams in basketball and Kentucky regularly underperform even tho they have a top 3 team talent wise every single year

Reactions: volfaninpa
The NCAA needs to correct this transfer rule... we are gonna have more transfers out than we can bring in. I don’t care if 30 players transfer out because they don’t want to be here, but let new coaches at least be able to replenish the roster if that happens.
They need to change the hard 25 rule

Good memories.
tenor.gif
Never gets old.

This dude is Charmin soft. Not a good sign.
Disagree. Culture has to change from one corner to the next at this university; from the top, to the middle, all the way to the bottom. Admins, ADs office, coaches, players, media, fans. We talk about culture all the time on this board, and it has been a sh!t heap at UT for 15 yrs. The phrase, "rowing in the same direction" is absolutely spot on. Look at the Bama's, the Clemson's, the Ohio St's and Oklahoma's...the UCFs...those cultures all move in the same direction, and they move there together.

For our culture to change, it has to start yesterday...someway, somehow. Tip of the cap to everything Danny White has said and done, so far; from calling out VolTwitter, to finding people who can't keep their mouths shut.

Maybe he can't get a job. Other coaches know more than we do about the pay for play scandal. Maybe T is caught up in it somehow? IDK
No Tee wanted to stay close to his son to see his final year/s of sports.

I believe Tee was told by Phil that he would get him a good contract for two years to help him stay close to home with his son.

In doing this, we probably agreed to pay him more than he was worth and so he took his name out of consideration for the HC jobs.

Phil screwed us, now Tee feels stabbed in the back and is showing his a**.

His best staff was his first staff. And had he kept Jancek and Lawson we’re a much better team in 2016. His staff was not the reason he failed. He mismanagement the team and made too many in-game mistakes that resulted in losses

It doesn’t matter if you bring in the best staff in the country if you butt heads and do not have the same ideas it won’t work. Same with players it’s why you see Cinderella teams in basketball and Kentucky regularly underperform even tho they have a top 3 team talent wise every single year

OUt of curiosity I looked up Jancek, and he's an analyst for Georgia now. It's amazing how many times some of these coaches move around. Dave Lawson is at VMI? S@#$, call that dude up and get him back here. 2015 was the last time we looked like we belonged on the field with Bama.

Reactions: PA Vol and SoilVol

Lawson speaks more to that fact he was better than being replaced by ...... nobody.

Deboard was an upgrade over his original staff.

Butch Jones limited Shoop. Look what he did before and after.

His best coaches weren't on his first staff. This is revisionist history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back