Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter, if they feel they need to get on social media and # to get noticed show them the door.

Nothing about wanting out of your NLI has anything to do with social media, you request it with the school you signed and let the AD and HC handle it.

I don’t understand the Osovet love. He has done nothing here. I would rather bring in a whole new staff and ones that have worked together to get this thing rolling. UCF offensive staff + new DC who gets to pick his defensive hires to coach that side up.
Joe O has an in with JUCO guys.. I think that is where we are going to have to live this upcoming spring to fill out our roster, and he could play a key role. Just playing devil's advocate

I don’t understand the Osovet love. He has done nothing here. I would rather bring in a whole new staff and ones that have worked together to get this thing rolling. UCF offensive staff + new DC who gets to pick his defensive hires to coach that side up.

He's one of our best recruiters, finished 33rd in the country.

Aaron Willis
KaTron Evans
Tiyon Evans
Miles Campbell
Trinity Bell

All credited to him.

Joe O has an in with JUCO guys.. I think that is where we are going to have to live this upcoming spring to fill out our roster, and he could play a key role. Just playing devil's advocate
Also seemed kinda like and outsider on the past staff. Maybe he fits better on this one. I have no issues with him remaining.

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.
Exactly------scoring TD's in 2 minute increments is much better than going 3 and out in 2 minute increments

No SEC East teams, no Bama, no Ole Miss(because I don't want Kiffin getting him)

And no Oklahoma.

tHaTs nOt fAiR

But sure, we offered a full ride, housing, meals, gear, tutors, personal trainers, and the opportunity to play big time college football (and Happy Meals). Now because kids are committing to coaches that come and go, the University and fans get left out to dry. I have no issue with setting restrictions on transfers. It's a two-way street, even more so when we start paying athletes.

Reactions: volsfan_17
We are going to be just fine at running back.

Smaller backs:
Small (193lbs)
Wright (185lbs)

Bigger backs:
Evans (215lbs)
Brown (217lbs)
Hodge (216lbs)

Possible backs:
Beckwith (215)
Whitehead (230)
[Weights according to recruiting page]

Small and Evans are the only ones with some college experience, so it's hard to know what we have. But we have depth. I think Heupel will scheme around the best players at the position.

Thank you. I call it like I see it, and if the facts don't support an opinion, they don't support it. I think the Chancellor did a commendable job running the search professionally and having a contingency plan. I think she made a sound AD hire, and I think she's giving him the support and time he needs to make the changes required. I've commented multiple times on those things. Seeing both sides of something or someone doesn't fit some agendas, though.

LA, it has been reported that DW excluded Jimmy Sexton clients from the search. Or, at minimum, did not pursue any. That’s a huge subset of the market. Thoughts?

Smaller backs:
Small (193lbs)
Wright (185lbs)

Bigger backs:
Evans (215lbs)
Brown (217lbs)
Hodge (216lbs)

Possible backs:
Beckwith (215)
Whitehead (230)

Small and Evans are the only ones with some college experience, so it's hard to know what we have. But we have depth. I think Heupel will scheme around the best players at the position.

Agreed, but Wright is 200 or so now. He took his covid off-season to bulk up a bit.

Reactions: butchna and SoilVol

Smaller backs:
Small (193lbs)
Wright (185lbs)

Bigger backs:
Evans (215lbs)
Brown (217lbs)
Hodge (216lbs)

Possible backs:
Beckwith (215)
Whitehead (230)

How many total college carries among the whole group? Less than 20?

That's not "fine."

Smaller backs:
Small (193lbs)
Wright (185lbs)

Bigger backs:
Evans (215lbs)
Brown (217lbs)
Hodge (216lbs)

Possible backs:
Beckwith (215)
Whitehead (230)

Obviously just now seeing Brown wants out of his NLI. That's fine, I still think we have plenty of depth and talent at the position. I'd be more worried about getting additions to the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back