Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.

To elaborate on this it should be pointed out that Tennessee ranked 104th in time of possession and UCF ranked 110th. Difference of about 30 seconds.

In points per game UT ranked 108th with 21.5 PPG. UCF ranked 7th with 42 PPG.

Almost same amount of possession time yet UCF put up double the points that UT did. Wow.

I just don't get why a skill position player wouldn't want to play in this office. Especially one that will likely be the starter and put up 1000+ yards. At worst he would be second in the rotation and still get a ton of carries because we'll be running so many plays.

We still have plenty of talent to win games. I will love seeing Hyatt, Tillman, and Velus running open all game long. Didn't even mention Calloway, Holliday, and Wideman.
A lot of this talent is rallying around Tee right now. Some of them will likely be gone.

Last edited:
Heupel better nail the transfer/juco market. Our roster is going to be behind. Also, really hope Evans lives up to the hype. We need him to be very good. Good thing is Heupel's low ranked RB's always perform in his offense.

But we need help at:
OT
RB
LB
DB
Edge

Key and Gray should've stayed if they could. Dumb to leave when you're going to be a starter (especially Gray in this high powered offense). The only experienced LB we have is Banks and he's not good. We need Henry to come back and we need to add depth there in the worst way. Hopefully we can land that transfer from Clemson. At RB, we have Small, Evans, and Wright, and that's it unless Beckwith stays there which I doubt. So we definitely need a RB from the portal. And we have no pass rush with Big Kat not coming now. We need to either get Garner and get him back, or find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back