Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brent Dougherty said yesterday “I’ve been told Jeremy Pruitt was calling offensive plays because he’s such a control freak”
Thats been the rumor for awhile, that he would be in the head set telling Chaney, run here, throw here. Calling plays we haven't practiced that end up in 100yard pick sixes etc...

It seems like your are trying to take a position of having to choose between this guy is the guy or this guy is not the guy. If someone is the former they are blindly buying in. I don't see it that way. We're not going to know if he is the guy until he is. Right now we are just looking at possibilities of what he might can do based on things he has done. The fact that he has done it in the SEC and at Oklahoma on offense leads me to believe he should be able to do that at Tennessee also. He has been a head coach and has a good working relationship with our AD which means he won't be learning that on the job. What we don't know is the defensive side. He has said that he will give the DC the reins there so it depends on who is hired which has everyone on pins and needles while talking about the offense. But he actually wants to be the coach at Tennessee because of the things we love about Tennessee not just because it is a stepping stone or way to make money. I had concerns about the last 4 hires. There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with taking about them either. Nothing wrong with talking about what could a coach could do either. We won't know until we know.
Heupels success here is literally all about the defense and S&C imo. Dooley and Botch both somehow managed to put together some good offenses on the field only to have defenses that were absolutely disastrous at the end.

Our return to consistent 8-9 win seasons under Heupel totally depends on whether or not he can hire a staff that will put a "relatively good" defense on the field for more than a year or two.

Wilcox was able to do that, and a really bad hire (Slaw Sunseri) after he left destroyed Dooley. Jancek did it, and then the S&C disaster leading to a catastrophic number of injuries and weak players, and then a hire gone weirdly wrong in Shoop after Jancek left destroyed Botch.

Seems like our new AD is working the PR game.

Kevin Steele was hired before Pruitt was fired (although the admin knew it was headed in that direction). I have no doubt that there is truth to some of this. You don't want coaches, who may be implicated or seeking other jobs, influencing your team for 10 days while you figure it out.

Is Kayden a senior at Catholic next year?

If he is, I can see why Tee wants to stay. I’m not saying he deserves it, but missing your son’s senior year would suck.

I don’t understand why JH and Tee do not just get it a room talk it out, and maybe JH could work out a one year deal to let him prove himself if that’s what they chose to do.
If tee wanted to stay here as an assistant, he should of kept silent and talked to JH when he got here.
All the Drama that’s coming from him now, JH should demand that he be showed the door immediately

Have you seen the allegations? Some of them are pretty damming and once they landed on her desk, she couldn't cover them up or she would have been in the same boat. Want to blame someone---blame the person who brought it to her attention. It's pretty common knowledge who the person is but that person is walking around like nothing happened.

Who? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back