Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did the Reddit users do it just to tank the hedge fund? What was in it for them?
They got together, bought all those shares driving the price up, thus manipulating the stock in thier favor. The hedge funds cry foul, but they were trying to manipulate it the other way for thier benefit.

No one evah, evah evah saw a group of private citizens a) identifying what they hedge fund did and moreover b) pulling together, pooling recourses and driving the train the other direction.

The more I read/listen about it, the more amazing it gets.. They bankrupted a walk Street firm because a message board group decided to buy some stock...

Swain’s butt hurt over Tony Elliot, that’s who he wanted.

Some people don’t want to see it, but the former players are a much bigger issue than the fans. I’m not specifically talking about this instance, but there are a lot of former players who’ve had their feelings hurt and carry that sh!t around with them.

I’m not saying all of course, but if you talked to a few you’d be surprised at some of the stuff they say.

He‘ll get over it. Love Swain but it’s like Michael Jordon being an owner of the Hornets. Greatest player ever but god awful at personnel and picking players. Phil Fulmer great coach...awful at hiring coaches—yes he loves UT yes did great things at the school but that doesn’t make you qualified to be an AD.

I realistically see 2-10. People forget our offense has been gutted by transfers. So the hope of him getting our offense to 40 ppg is not looking at what we have
Why don’t you just sit back and let it play out Nancy? All yours and others prognosticating is not going to put us any closer to a winning or losing record next year. “I think 2-10 is the best we’ll do”. Aww boo freaking hoo. Be a fan or don’t be fan. If you’re going to be a fan, don’t be another poor mouth.

Skipped around at work today. What happened with Steele? Swain also upset that Tee didn't get an interview? Saw D1 say it should have been a courtesy. Why? And D1 is angry and posting? So we still have Phil's side causing division? Will it never end?
Met with Heupel and got in some cardio.
1611889949868.gif

They got together, bought all those shares driving the price up, thus manipulating the stock in thier favor. The hedge funds cry foul, but they were trying to manipulate it the other way for thier benefit.

No one evah, evah evah saw a group of private citizens a) identifying what they hedge fund did and moreover b) pulling together, pooling recourses and driving the train the other direction.

The more I read/listen about it, the more amazing it gets.. They bankrupted a walk Street firm because a message board group decided to buy some stock...

It is pretty fascinating. Historical IYAM. Is there any legal recourse against the Reddit users? I assume the hedgefunds purchases are just as public and transparent as their own?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Here's what's crazy...

Josh Heupel just inherited these QBs

Brian Maurer: .8817 (3 star)
Hendon Hooker: .8903 (4 star)
Kaidon Salter: .9314 (4 star)
Harrison Bailey: .9555 (4 star)

His highest rated QB at UCF? Dillon Gabriel .8667

Gotta coach the Weinke out of them first.

That sounds painful.

For some reason people think that Heupel needs a mobile QB. He doesn’t. Locke wasn’t mobile. In watching this game, Gabriel hasn’t ran once. He can run, but hasn’t. Seems to be more important that the QB is accurate. Accuracy is primary. And Bailey is accurate.
As long as when they run rpo with the QB there's an actual threat of the QB actually reading and reacting like he should, and exercise the 'o' part of rpo, then I'm good. Lol.

Just FYI, Scott Frost's two classes at UCF were ranked #65 and #55 nationally. Heupel wasn't that far off. Definitely think that Frost has the "Johnny Football Hero" appearance and bearing that Heupel does not. JH seems like an introvert who just likes to draw up plays and gameplans. Danny White is going to have to fill that role for the program and a bunch of the assistants are going to have to pick up the slack in recruiting.
Volnation be like “can’t be a cover model. Pass”

I be like, “Can we pass the ball?”

It is pretty fascinating. Historical IYAM. Is there any legal recourse against the Reddit users? I assume the hedgefunds purchases are just as public and transparent as their own?
Im not super in the know, but no. So, a lot of the platforms tried to stop the buy and only let people sell, so the price could come down and there were actually a few GVT officials that called their bluff and said you cant do that. Another thing is to get it really to take off, Elon Musk actually got behind it. I don't think anyone can do anything to them, but im sure somewhere rules will be changed so it doesn't happen again.
If you want to learn more slide through this thread and read a few pages some folks a lot smarter than me can explain it better.
All things STOCKS

there are definitely some opportunists who reach for power bc they see so many others with their hands in the cookie jar.
The couple guys I know, steer clear of it.
As football program, yiu have to the all welcome your football alums in the facility with open arms...

BUT
They should not be wielding any power within the program.
Wait, is @I4Jay back and bought in for this? I thought I read someone say you loved the White hire...right up until he hired JH. If you’re in all the way then I have to bring back my favorite Jay gif

List at 6'4" 265lbs

Yay, an undersized OT. Sorry, I just remember another former coach who liked undersized OL.

I don't think we can assume these are the kind of OL they will regularly recruit. 77% of recruits signed in the early signing period. Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get this late in the game.

Here's what's crazy...

Josh Heupel just inherited these QBs

Brian Maurer: .8817 (3 star)
Hendon Hooker: .8903 (4 star)
Kaidon Salter: .9314 (4 star)
Harrison Bailey: .9555 (4 star)

His highest rated QB at UCF? Dillon Gabriel .8667
So why did Brian stay???

I thought for sure he was gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store