Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually with you. I'm a little more optimistic this time for whatever reason. Maybe just drinking the kool-aid.

I don't think we'll ever compete for anything of substance under Heupel, but it'll be better than where we've been.
Heupel is just like Kiffin or Freeze...he can win big here with the right defensive staff. That is the key for him to win SEC East, SEC, and NCAA championships.

If they build a good defensive staff, we can do more than just whoop up on the dregs eventually. If they fail to do that, I think JH is a 8 win a year coach.

It’s gonna be touchy, to be honest. I think JH will put us in a position to score points, cause he has a proven track record of doing so. We have some good, young talent on offense. The Oline will be revamped and that’s the biggest question on offense. Hopefully, maybe we get a Transfer or two to help.

The biggest question for me isn’t offense, it’s Defense. He has to bring in some quality defensive coaches and they need to work with what we have now.

He has to get a staff quickly. Period. We have some talent in TN this year and we need them. Period.
I agree. The cupboard appears to be very bare on defense. We need a miracle worker on that side of the ball and we need elite recruits immediately

Anyone ever see the Netflix documentary “Don’t f*** With Cats?”

It’s a 5 or so episode series about how this guy posted a video online of himself killing two kittens, and how people saw the video, became outraged, and the incredible efforts they went to to track him.

The guy ended up posting a series of videos, and in one he actually killed a person.

Long story short, the cops couldn’t even solve the case.

But this group of random people on the internet, using various resources online and solved the case, gave the info to the police, who in turn arrested him.

It was incredible.

Well, that’s Vol Twitter in a nut shell.

My grandmother's nursing home was right around the corner from what went down in Montreal. I've driven past that building dozens of times. It was so erie knowing that.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
AP put out a list of possible assistants...

Imo the defensive side will be totally new for CJH.

I do believe that CJH will make a real run at Jeff Lebby at Ole Miss. I’ve been told he might look at Kendall Briles if he can’t get Lebby done. His offensive coordinator this past season was Alex Golesh who doubles as the TE coach.

The offensive side will have a lot of familiarity to it imo. Glen Elarbee makes total sense at OL.

Will he bring Kody Burns who he just hired From Auburn? I think there is a solid possibility but not set in stone.

Nick Toth handles his special teams and people have told me he is important.

Joey Halzle is someone that played for Heupel at Oklahoma so I’m interested to see if he would bring him. I think that depends on who he hires as offensive coordinator.

I don’t see anyone on the current staff back at this point. Seems like a clean slate.

Rodney Garner is without a gig and imo he would listen if called. The only defensive guy that might get a look from UCF would be Willie Martinez.

It’s gonna be touchy, to be honest. I think JH will put us in a position to score points, cause he has a proven track record of doing so. We have some good, young talent on offense. The Oline will be revamped and that’s the biggest question on offense. Hopefully, maybe we get a Transfer or two to help.

The biggest question for me isn’t offense, it’s Defense. He has to bring in some quality defensive coaches and they need to work with what we have now.

He has to get a staff quickly. Period. We have some talent in TN this year and we need them. Period.
Defense is gonna need some serious addressing. Especially losing Henry T. I know there are rumors he might return, but not sure we can plan on that. With BT turning pro, and Toot and Crouch in the portal, ILB and CB needs to be addressed. Defense could easily cost us some games next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back