Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

So please, get behind him and our boys, cause we need all of you.

Good days are coming VOL FAMILY.
I'm not sitting at the same table as "FU Money" at family dinner.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

FWIW I appreciate the nugs you are able to share with us. Also I have respect for you showing up this morning knowing full well VN was not going to take too kindly to the letdown. I know that wasn’t fun for you or anything you owed us.

If we hire the right defensive staff, Heupel has a really good chance to be an absolute stud hire. His offense has already been proven to work in the SEC at a ridiculously high level.

Blows my mind how some people say ‘yeah it’ll work at Mizzou but not Tennessee’...it’s literally the same conference lmao.
I'm warming up to him.

I hear you, and the only thing everyone keeps talking about and centering on is offense and his abilities there... okay we get it, but unless this guy brings in a top notch Defensive staff who can recruit and develop players, then all this is for nothing... sure we may score 48, but our opponent will score 58...

I'm not a fan of the hire but I will give the guy a chance. If I can get on board with giving him a chance then I dont see why others cant. I'm literally probably the most negative poster here. I legit might be ignored by the most people. I should get an award.

I hear ya, just give the guy a chance. He’s our coach

Very complicated.

He's never felt the love from the fanbase that he thinks he deserves - and I think he's right to a degree.
A lot of people I was close to were always frustrated by his extreme inconsistency at QB. We all knew he was surrounded by great talent on the offense, and it was his inconsistency that held it back a lot of times. He would play out of his mind one game and then not be able to hit the broad side of a barn for two games...it was maddening.

I like Tee and wish him the best, and I hate that he is hurt, but I don't know what the hell he wants..he is not entitled to a job he has done nothing to deserve.

FWIW I appreciate the nugs you are able to share with us. Also I have respect for you showing up this morning knowing full well VN was not going to take too kindly to the letdown. I know that wasn’t fun for you or anything you owed us.

Thank ya for the kind words. I will always bring what I can to the forum. I just didn’t want to get involved in all the “Rumors” cause that does nothing but stoke the “Negative Fuel”, and that’s not what we need rite now.

If CJH starts 6-1 2022 recruiting could be a great foundation builder.

TENNESSEE'S 2021 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 4: vs. Bowling Green (Knoxville)
Sept. 11: vs. Pittsburgh (Knoxville)
Sept. 18: vs. Tennessee Tech (Knoxville)
Sept. 25: at Florida (Gainesville, Fla.)
Oct. 2: at Missouri (Columbia, Mo.)
Oct. 9: vs. South Carolina (Knoxville)
Oct. 16: vs. Ole Miss (Knoxville)

Every program goes through cycles. Some manage them better than others and our management was terrible . I hope our bad cycle is coming to a close and there really is nowhere to go but up after going 3-7. Looking forward to the spring game and how CJH is going to manage the available personnel and how quickly they adjust to his system.

I'll take the realistic approach. Is Josh the best coach in the country or one of the best? Of course not. Is he the best we can get given the circumstances? Very probable. For me, that means we better get strong assistant coaches and then get a little lucky that this all works out. We desperately need stability here and count me in as a supporter. I'm heartened by the positive information about White to provide Josh the best opportunity. As for his somewhat joking comment about negative fans? I loved it.
He absolutely is one of the best offensive coaches in the country. That is not even reasonably debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back