Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an elite offensive coach and developer of QB’s. His defense has been the problem at UCF where he has a record of 28-8. Keep Steele, hire Garner, defense is fixed
Not necessarily what I would like but I can handle that. Regardless anyone we hire needs to be given a chance to succeed. Everyone on this board has done some things in their lives that no one thought we could do. This might be the case if he is the hire.

Freeze would have took this job the moment we offered him and we didn’t make the move. Why? Over some hookers and money during his time at Ole Miss?

That’s a very poor excuse for not going after a good coach.

While Liberty is in the Top 25 next year, we’re going to be struggling with Kentucky and Arkansas under Heupel.

Embarrassing.
And we will be lucky to have a 30th ranked recruiting class.

I really think our BVS just has us tired of up and comers! I know UT doesn't have a great image right now, but damn, you'd think with the hire of DW and his reputation with centurion card money being offered would get us someone other than a google hire. BTDT!!

Reactions: ugg and bignewt
I'd rather have Steele than Heupel. UT Admin has been incompetent for years.
This is dumb. Dude replaced the ENTIRE coaching staff after Frost left and still ran the regular season undefeated. I don’t even look at the past year bc Covid put so many obstacles in front of teams. This is a young team still, with solid QB prospects. This is a guy you want all things considered. This job is a dumpster fire right now and everyone of us should be ecstatic. Danny White made a solid hire. Sorry it wasn’t splashy enough.

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.

If you buy store brand cookies, I don't care if you bought them with a centurion card or with food stamps. You still bought store brand cookies. And we seemingly always end up with store brand cookies.

Watch this be a smokescreen so no one will complain when it’s Steele. The whole UT AD can go to hell.
If it’s Steele that will be the biggest joke ever. He’ll be 100x worse than JH. If it’s freeze it better be for 1 season as interim. Complete apathy if Steele is the guy

Reactions: Orange.
If nobody else reports it by tonight then it’s not happening. I highly doubt this administration is letting Austin Price break the story after they rolled their eyes at the mention of his name.
Why do you think the administration has to “let” a news outlet break a story?

From what I’ve heard, word got out because Lebby told Ole Miss he’s leaving.

I can't imagine he would put together a staff that can go toe to toe with our rivals. This is really, really underwhelming. I'm really at a loss. I don't have anything against Huepel, and I want to back this but I'm going to need some time, all I can say is he better be cheap, I can't imagine paying him more than 2.5 to 3 m a year.
He already makes 2.3 a year. Probably going to be in the 4-5 million range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back