Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys all put waaaayyyy too much stock in recruiting. Our last two coaches recruited well. One was a terrible schemer and the other was a terrible developer. We need a schemer/developer. Recruiting comes with success. I don't know who we will hire but they damn well better be good at those two things. Makes up for a crap ton in the recruiting department.

I guess, buts what's failure? He could wins games but still not build toward beating the big kids.
Getting fired within 4 or 5 seasons. If he comes in and goes 5-7, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3 and then continue with 9-3 and 8-4 seasons I don’t think he’ll be a failure. Great results definitely not but also not a failure. Now if he goes 5-7, 6-6, 6-6 then yea I’d consider that a fail

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
10GUY.jpg

Decade of Domino's

Here’s why I don’t think it’s heupel...no other media outlet is saying the same thing as Brent and AP. If this had any legs I would think if an hour went by they would confirm what they’re hearing too, but nobody has because nobody knows jackshit

Reactions: Sleegro
It's not a good hire, regressing records each year is a red flag
It may not be. But we don’t know that. People freaking out and wanting White fired are lunatics. We don’t even know what his staff would be. Lebby, Steele, Garner is a heck of a start for this guy and much better than what he has. Offense will not be a problem

I'm just tired of of the over-promising and under-delivering. Why even set criteria if you don't even come close to delivering on it? Heupel might be okay, IF he is indeed the hire, but we were promised better by our so-called leaders. They failed if Heupel IS the hire. You can't argue around that. They set the criteria. It wasn't the fans.

Freeze would have took this job the moment we offered him and we didn’t make the move. Why? Over some hookers and money during his time at Ole Miss?

That’s a very poor excuse for not going after a good coach.

While Liberty is in the Top 25 next year, we’re going to be struggling with Kentucky and Arkansas under Heupel.

Embarrassing.

You guys all put waaaayyyy too much stock in recruiting. Our last two coaches recruited well. One was a terrible schemer and the other was a terrible developer. We need a schemer/developer. Recruiting comes with success. I don't know who we will hire but they damn well better be good at those two things. Makes up for a crap ton in the recruiting department.
It’s the lifeblood of every having a chance to win the SEC. You have to recruit top 12 every year at worse.

Here’s why I don’t think it’s heupel...no other media outlet is saying the same thing as Brent and AP. If this had any legs I would think if an hour went by they would confirm what they’re hearing too, but nobody has because nobody knows jackshit
That’s just because they haven’t agreed on a deal yet.

UCF247, Vols247 & even Oklahoma247 have mentioned theyre hearing the same thing. They're not just making this up, I do believe its done but my hope is also for Feldman or Low to say something first.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back