Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volnation baby. Don’t tell me our fans have no power. They put out names to see reactions. Everyone loses it over dykes and he’s gone.
Dykes is probably the worst name/candidate you could throw out there.

Let's hire the guy who failed at friggin Cal of all places while the rest of the PAC-10 is garbage

Naw. We could have Fleck or Freeze right now. For some reason we have passed over Fleck and won’t look at Freeze. We better trot out a winner or we are still dealing with major internal issues.
I think we still got internal issues. DW was a great hire but he ain’t seen nothing like this circus. DW’s probably dealing with some Dutton (Yellowstone) personalities that are willing to go scorched earth for their way.

He’s like my 7th choice but I’d be willing to give him a chance as opposed to melting down over dykes
I think DW wanted Elliott at UCF, but Elliott would not make the move. There is a comfort level between them. Not sure UT admin wants to go coordinator route. May not have a choice. Lots HCs are not interested, especially if they are already in a good spot

I was hearing Elliott last night, but not 100%.
Fan negativity is a real deterrent to hiring a sitting coach.
Complete BS. NCAA sanctions, dysfunctional internal issues are our big deterrent. We’ve let money people call the shots and everyone has their hands in every hire. Stop with the fan bs.

Maybe this is giving up, but I like that Chadwell would do something different here on offense. Eventually the game will change. Defensive coordinators will figure out how to stop these modern offenses and the pendulum will swing back in the other direction. If we try to copy what everyone else is doing, we're just going to do it a little worse than them because we won't have the same talent. And all the DCs will be ready for it.

Chadwell will bring something different to the table, and we may be able to get by with top 20ish recruiting classes and not have to recruit top 5 to stand a chance at winning the East.

I don't think defenses will ever be truly dominant again, not until they change the rules back to allow more physical play especially from the DB's.

I want Elliott calling plays - and I wanted Pruitt calling plays on defense.

The issue is dictating what the other side of the ball does - and Elliott has, by far and away, a better reputation as far as being able to work with others than Pruitt.
Because he's only been at Clemson, regardless if Elliott is the hire I hope it works out but I feel like we will be back here in 4 years. This isn't a place to learn on the job and grow, this place will eat a guy up in a heart beat if you don't have success

Fan negativity is going to make someone turn down 7mil+? You got me alllllllll the way ****ed up.

Chadwell would win the press conference and any negativity would vanish for a solid 7.5 months. Then all he has to do is pull off one upset win in 2021 and he's a hero. 7-5 in year 2 and he's safe again. Expectations are actually fairly low right now.

I became a dad New Year’s Day... sleep as much as you possibly can until the baby comes. I’m getting ready for work and think I only got an hour and a half max of sleep.
Congratulations! Haha, that’s what everyone keeps telling me about getting some sleep. The problem is that my wife is so uncomfortable now that she is flipping and flopping all night and it will wake up the cats and the dog and they want to get me up at 4am. So maybe this is some sort of small training to get me in the right frame of mind. I’m on about 5 hours of sleep and I’m exhausted, so your hour and a half scares me some.

I learned they’re offering money to people who just don’t want the job. If that’s the case, there’s not much more you can expect of them. Just find the best available candidate who’s willing to do the job.
Hugh freeze, Lane kiffin.even chadwell. They won't tho. This is tennessee.

Reactions: ugg
Maybe this is giving up, but I like that Chadwell would do something different here on offense. Eventually the game will change. Defensive coordinators will figure out how to stop these modern offenses and the pendulum will swing back in the other direction. If we try to copy what everyone else is doing, we're just going to do it a little worse than them because we won't have the same talent. And all the DCs will be ready for it.

Chadwell will bring something different to the table, and we may be able to get by with top 20ish recruiting classes and not have to recruit top 5 to stand a chance at winning the East.
I wonder if we would we keep Steele if we got Chadwell?

A continuously rolling message board for a program that has been as unstable as ours for so long is proof of that. There may not be a more dependable fan base in sports.
I first read “dependable” as “deplorable”.... I stopped, re-read your last sentence and had a nice chuckle to start the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back