Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly if that is the reason a coach wouldnt come here, then he's probably not HC material, especially in the SEC. If you think we are bad, can you imagine the coach that follows Saban?

I’m not at all saying that’s the only reason. It’s a combination of it all but at some point does a ncaa issue dumpster fire combined with a faction of fans dragging you thru the rape deal again make it too much? Sure it could

The media has been and is continuing to fuel a lot of the panic with their stupid, know nothing, guesses on what is going on. They are completely in the dark. Before some of you panic today because of something Swain, Price, Low, or anyone else says today, just look back at AVs posts from last night. They're surprisingly very calming. Maybe even exciting. They're mood changers.
I mean, they are constantly asked for their opinion and even when they say there's no info to report they are asked "Well what do you think though" and if they respond that is then taken as they just reported confirmed info and spread and reacted to. I also don't really blame them for having low expectations about what names could be possible. From an outside perspective, nobody thinks we're gonna pull a big name. And yeah I felt the same way about AV's posts, but there were a bunch of people that read them and interpreted it as "oh he's trying to get us to be on board for a lower tier". Still not sure how they got there on that interpretation but it happens. I'm not really directing this at anything you said specifically, just that in general, it is wild how 5 people can read the exact same quote and have 5 wildly different interpretations.

just wondering - has anyone legitimately come out and said Campbell has declined?

Or did we just skip way past him in our (VN/fans) assumption that we’ve already plummeted to a Sonny Dykes level hire?

We still all just completely guessing?
I’m not sure that he’s came out publicly declining it but it’s never been said that he’s been on the list or not

Fan negativity is going to make someone turn down 7mil+? You got me alllllllll the way ****ed up.
on face value, you're right...lol. no one is that dumb, right?

but, if you're making $3M+, and getting other sources of income from marketing deals and endorsements, and you're in a comfortable, competitive situation that's stable.............

i think a lot of things come in to play when making a decision to leave that for something else. not saying it's fans primarily or anything...but i would imagine a candidate would try to get as clear a picture as possible of what they're potentially signing up for.

Chadwell would win the press conference and any negativity would vanish for a solid 7.5 months. Then all he has to do is pull off one upset win in 2021 and he's a hero. 7-5 in year 2 and he's safe again. Expectations are actually fairly low right now.
pretty much this. i think no matter who we hire is one win away from winning the fan base. we're starving for that.

on face value, you're right...lol. no one is that dumb, right?

but, if you're making $3M+, and getting other sources of income from marketing deals and endorsements, and you're in a comfortable, competitive situation that's stable.............

i think a lot of things come in to play when making a decision to leave that for something else. not saying it's fans primarily or anything...but i would imagine a candidate would try to get as clear a picture as possible of what they're potentially signing up for.
No question.

Would I love Tennessee to pay me 30 million dollars to fail for 5 years? Absolutely
But if I'm already going to make 15 million in that time, is it worth leaving a job where I'm happy for a job where a bunch of desperate fans are going to give you about two years before they start expecting you to beat Florida, Georgia, and Alabama? Maybe not.

The funny thing is, despite public perception, I don't think Vols fans are particularly unrealistic in terms of expectations. But the perception is that we are.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back