Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor DW had no idea what he just walked into lmao
I doubt that highly but I’m very much afraid that his strategy regarding how to approach the fanbase has potential to blow up in his face. You can’t bully this fanbase into seeing things your way but that doesn’t mean we’re irrational or can’t be convinced. Also, maintaining this level of radio silence while allowing reporters to run wild with whatever springs to mind is a good way for things to get out of hand fast. Reporters and fans alike will fill the void of info.

I believe White floated Dykes' name to erase some of the backlash for hiring James Franklin. Franklin will be announced today.

That could make sense and would be a masterful PR move. Knowing a certain contingent of the fanbase will make noise about Franklins past. Then they are counterbalanced by people like me who have had to ponder the possibility of a Dykes, Schiano, Pruitt type hire telling them to STFU.

The job may stink right now. But the UT job is what you make of it. Guys that don’t see that, we don’t want. It’s the SEC, we have some of the best facilities in the country, a passionate (albeit very fickle) fan base, and seemingly unlimited resources. A guy with vision sees that. Sure, the cloud of sanctions would make anyone think twice. But a visionary coach would see that as an opportunity, not a deal breaker. Bottom line, the coaching world knows the potential in this job. It’s all about how we sell it and what safety net we provide upfront. And I believe DW knows that better than almost anyone.

Good morning,

I hope AV is right and DW is going hire a proven winner. Swain mentioned something this morning that is true but hurts. Dave Hart, John Currie, Phillip Fulmer, Danny White. If all 4 can't attract a big name, homerun hire it gives us a look on how other coaches view our program. He spoke off the air with Low yesterday and it doesn't look good for us. Again, I hope AV is right on this.
Low knows nothing YET. Not for lack of effort. They’ll leak it to him first, but he’s used to much more blabbage and the frustration has him flailing and reaching imo.

I believe White floated Dykes' name to erase some of the backlash for hiring James Franklin. Franklin will be announced today.
It won’t work. Only Clay Travis (and possibly Jimmy Haslam) has ever seen James Franklin as a football Jeebus and Dykes doesn’t scare me enough to accept that kind of false prophet.

Did you read this thread last night? It will minimize that noise, and that's all you need.
I read that we all need to shut up and trust the UTAD. We have god level money this time but we are going to spend it on Franklin because they said so or wouldn’t say otherwise.

Well I see AV posted that DW was basically given a blank check and struck out, so we need to be positive and support.

Well I guess it’s going swimmingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back