Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Franklin guilty of covering that mess at Vandy or is he vilified because we hate him? Honest question.
This is from Price...

You don’t think that Penn State did a background search the quality of the FBI before they hired a football coach after the Paterno Sandusky stuff? I’m betting they did and found nothing to implicate James Franklin enough to not warrant hiring him

I learned they’re offering money to people who just don’t want the job. If that’s the case, there’s not much more you can expect of them. Just find the best available candidate who’s willing to do the job.
Or offer it to one of the two guys everyone knows would take it. Fan pride gets blamed a lot but it’s not our pride keeping us from 2 outstanding hires.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
A. True but he's realized there are limits with Penn State
B. He has been butting heads a little
C. True but when this happens they don't sit down at the table and begin negotiations
D. Not sure how this one got out but if I had to guess all of this probably started Sunday
E. If you read the Lawsuit, yes it names him however it clearly states he had no involvement in the hazing
E. Doesn't line up as squeaky clean hire. It is a cloud over his head. Chadwell is supposedly out for something he was cleared of. Very minor in comparison.

The whole 247 things screams he wasn't offered in the first place imo. But who knows
I said last night that either he wasn’t offered or his agent is terrible because there was no contract extension, raise, promise of new facilities, parking space upgrade or anything.

Reactions: Sleegro
He much like Basilio is out on this one, they don't know anything. They have the same source, John Brice who doesn't know anything. Just wait
I think Brice is the only person I’ve seen that mentioned fleck as being vetted/talk to. Pretty sure he gets info from agent group. He and hsrsin repped by the same person and Brice/scoop was ahead of the curve on that one

I don't believe any of the Franklin stuff.

A. He is already getting paid handsomely at his dream school.
B. Has it been reported he is unhappy ?
C. No coach or agent has ever interjected their name in a high profile coaching search for a raise or in this case facility upgrades.
D. The media surely wouldn't put out a name of a coach they know the fan base despises would they? Particularly when they don't have much to discuss since the new AD runs a tight ship. Click bait much?
E. I have a hard time believing they would go after him with pending lawsuits.
It was a tumultuous season for many and he took his share of licks. He was gettable imo but is at his preferred destination. I agree with you at our level of urgency in wooing him.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Do we not believe those findings?

I believe the findings. I also believe this is one of those subjects where you will have an extreme emotional response from some people. I am one of them. His actions at the time did not speak of someone who wanted to glean the truth and justice for the victim. If he is the hire, he will do a great job here. But I personally won’t be able to stomach seeing him on the sidelines.

Schiano is a loser. Franklin ain't. I was proud of the fans that backlashed over the Schiano hire because he's a loser. I was embarrassed by the ones that used the Penn State thing as a cover up because there was zero evidence to support it. I don't see this fanbase doing that over Franklin. Some will be butthurt, they can move on or realize there's no proof or shutup and understand we just made a homerun hire. It's that simple.

Anyways. AV told us to stop bickering with each other. I agree. WE GONNA BE BACK BOYS, I feel it in my bones.
This. Schiano is not a great dude and is a toxic coach. His stint in Tampa Bay had only some of the crap come out. But even the stuff that came out is enough for me to say no to the dweeb.

Last edited:
Was Franklin guilty of covering that mess at Vandy or is he vilified because we hate him? Honest question.

i think he made some mistakes during that mess but nothing criminal.

Let’s face it the group sex culture amongst college students isnt different at Vandy.

This isn’t some Culture issue he created.
It’s a prominent culture across the globe now.

Franklin was in a place where he simply couldn’t win with whatever his response was. In an effort to scare the living hell out of the rest of his team he lied to them about what he knew to Make a point. Even though his intentions were good because he knew the victim you simply can’t contact her. With all that said nothing he did in an awful situation that none of would know what to do in warrants him being black balled and Penn State has already ruled on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back