Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Price...
I agree with this. I also think it’s funny that penn state hired him after their deal... and we cant consider freeze? There is a difference here.... I’m not naive to that. But he’s rehabilitated and showing, again, he can win anywhere. We should seriously be having conversations with him and liken Pruitt, have clauses that say if he cheats again he’s toast with no liability for us. We wouldn’t have to pay him 8 mill, and we could surround him with a grand slam staff.

Swains saying one of our dumba** fans emailed Sunny Dykes saying we don’t want him. He apparently responded saying he doesn’t wanna be at our dumpster fire of a place with a bunch of redneck fans lol
I hope this was a child. I don’t necessarily want him either, but that’s ridiculous.

This has been an anxiety inducing past few days. Maybe we should start Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV to inject some good juju and get this search finished.

Becoming a dad next week. Just picked up my pair from Kohl’s.

Congrats, man!

Have as many as you think you can manage. Then have a couple more. Multiply!
Love them, lay your life down for them, show them what it means to give. Starting with your bride. This is changing the world.
Know that the hardest part is not the late nights when they just need their butts wiped. The hard part is the late nights when their hearts are broken (and yours too). But that's also the most noble, lasting work of a man's life.

Just my two cents.

Why is Sonny attractive? He was OK at Louisiana Tech, bad at Cal (with Jared Goff, who he didn't recruit), and is OK at SMU.
That’s the question I want answered. How and why is he on the board? I would much rather go w/ Tony Elliot than Sonny Dykes. With Elliot I feel like we at least will get a recruiting bump to offset the fact that he’s never been a head coach before.

For anyone that missed this last night or doesn't know how to use the search feature. Do yourself a favor and read this before you start the day. It addresses the fake insiders and trolls in here and all of the Chris Low talk. Spoiler... Low doesn't know anything either and won't until the AD wants him to break it.

Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.
Also seeing questions on chis l. My comments were meant to say he will most likely leak story not that he intimately knowlegeable of who we are talking to. Furthermore he is plugged in more with the elite boosters at TN than any of the other guys...that’s it.

Good night VN.
Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.

Congrats, man!

Have as many as you think you can manage. Then have a couple more. Multiply!
Love them, lay your life down for them, show them what it means to give. Starting with your bride. This is changing the world.
Know that the hardest part is not the late nights when they just need their butts wiped. The hard part is the late nights when their hearts are broken (and yours too). But that's also the most noble, lasting work of a man's life.

Just my two cents.

Awesome post

You realize Tennessee has multiple rape issues right? There are terrible dudes in every program.

I’m not talking AJ. I’m talking situations like Antwan Stewart and Niko Silvan under Fulmer.

Unfortunately it’s an issue on almost every campus.

Edit to say I don’t think Franklin handled it well, but the accusations he covered it up were proven to be unfounded.
I never heard about the Antwan Stewart incident but the fans convicted Nilo Silvan of raping Joey Kent’s girlfriend...not the grand jury.
Former Player Cleared of Rape Charges

That’s the question I want answered. How and why is he on the board? I would much rather go w/ Tony Elliot than Sonny Dykes. With Elliot I feel like we at least will get a recruiting bump to offset the fact that he’s never been a head coach before.
Valid point but I see, in my opinion, no possible scenario in which we can go through what we just did. And then the new leadership just repeat the same mistake for a 4th time since kiffin.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back