Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, man!

Have as many as you think you can manage. Then have a couple more. Multiply!
Love them, lay your life down for them, show them what it means to give. Starting with your bride. This is changing the world.
Know that the hardest part is not the late nights when they just need their butts wiped. The hard part is the late nights when their hearts are broken (and yours too). But that's also the most noble, lasting work of a man's life.

Just my two cents.
I really appreciate that. Thank you so much!

Reactions: VFLPastor
Fleck and Elliott were released from hold when DW confirmed he had #2, even if #1 balked. This lines up with AV and SF. The only thing that would continue to line up and match open source info (assuming all the CJF noise is legit) is that Franklin was #2 and he was released from hold when they reached an agreement in principle with #1 yesterday.

Kudos to DW for slamming the door shut on all the unprofessional leaks and speculation. AV, 81, Metal and others are right; it is important that DW show he is unilaterally in charge and we are not a clownfest run by social media whims. We the fans matter, but we have no reason not to trust DW so let's get behind him and put our best foot forward while we wait on the mystery candidate.

If, then we get Dykes or Satterfield, then we can blow up the joint... :)
Post more.

Just so y’all know i do think there is an Avenue to success with Dykes. I actually think bailey would fit his offense more than anyone else mentioned.
i think it's probably important for err'body to spend more time looking for paths to success with a potential candidate, vs. immediately going to 'program dead' with ever name that's dropped

i'm on record saying that Franklin is the only guy they could hire that would make me angry....and i'm really hoping that's not the guy....... but if that's who we hire, i'm gonna be looking at what could make him successful here....even though i may not be real happy about it. lol.

but, look...it's been 15 years, we've been turned down so many times at every search...it hasn't sunk in yet that this job just isn't what we've built it up to be in our heads, cause biased. and that's ok. and you can say we've been cheap or whatever, but over a long enough time line, that becomes part of the reason this job isn't desirable....it becomes yet another symptom that fits in the 'undesirable' category...so be it leadership, being cheap, toxicity, roster, competition level, recruiting challenges...whatever....it all adds up to this job not being looked at like we think it is/should be.

that doesn't mean we can't hire the right guy.

and i agree with Swain on one point....and this is for anyone associated fan, alumni, donor, employees, players, coaches...etc....

are you helping or hurting? we have new leadership in place, the football complex has basically been wiped clean. we've seen an exodus of players from the last regime....

this is about as close to a true "restart" as you can get. and we've needed it. the problem for us, as fans, is we're the ones that have been here thru ALL OF it, so we're jaded, and EXTREMELY pessimistic....cause it hasn't mattered who has been at the helm...Different AD's, president's, chancellors and coaches.....the results have been the same....(and i think if someone that mattered over there, be it boyd or plowman or white, would at least acknowledge that and give fans a bit of a 'shout out', that might go a long way with some that are on edge....lol...jmo)

but.. that's why it's not our fault. that's why we're immediately and perpetually in 'believe it when i see it' mode....

but at some point..............it has to sink in.....it's been 15 years.......

anyway, i'm all for having fun with this, and i have, and i will continue to....but, there's some folks crossing lines out there, making the whole lot of us look like the lunatic fringe.....and contributing to that narrative....

tifwiw. this is not a "it's the fan's fault" sentiment. it is a "situational awareness" post.

have a great day folks.

Out of pure salt lately. Always have enjoyed AP up until late. It's clear he has no connections right now and is bitter about it
I dont think thats the case. I think this three podcasts a week, keeping up the board, coaching search negapaloozo has taken its toll. Hes probably burned out. Football is an escape, er supposed to bez

For real. I need my @Neyland Rising update fix. I obviously am not gonna be able to help with tracking.

View attachment 344651
Depends on if you saw AVs posts last night. Basically all is still going to plan. Don’t listen to the media, everyone has an agenda. Listen for Chris Lowe to break but not his preliminary guesses that we’re getting. Oh and took a shot at the bow of MIT with the talk of Wales. We have enough money to throw whatever at whoever

If were thinking about Chadwell, I cant imagine Freeze not being considered. Im going to support whoever it is but just my thought.

That’s the question I want answered. How and why is he on the board? I would much rather go w/ Tony Elliot than Sonny Dykes. With Elliot I feel like we at least will get a recruiting bump to offset the fact that he’s never been a head coach before.
Couple theories:

1 - He could be a candidate that the search firm has vetted before/recommended for other jobs, so they are familiar with him
2 - He's an "offensive guy" and has a history coaching an elite college QB (Goff), although none of those Cal teams that he played on were particularly good. Dykes went 0-12 against Stanford, UCLA, USC and Oregon during the time he had Goff.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Fanbase doesn't know what it wants.

Lol, they said a CFB HOF coach was a bad AD, from day 1. All guy did was do his best. Removed him, and replaced with a good hire, albeit, same ****, so it seems.
There’s been a common denominator in our struggles but the fans aren’t it. Not enough power there. Every other position has been replaced but the BoT and boosters are filled with the same crew that has been here since the downfall began. Hopefully they will luck into a good hire or have eaten enough VFLs to move on to caring about winning instead of old scores.

i think it's probably important for err'body to spend more time looking for paths to success with a potential candidate, vs. immediately going to 'program dead' with ever name that's dropped

i'm on record saying that Franklin is the only guy they could hire that would make me angry....and i'm really hoping that's not the guy....... but if that's who we hire, i'm gonna be looking at what could make him successful here....even though i may not be real happy about it. lol.

but, look...it's been 15 years, we've been turned down so many times at every search...it hasn't sunk in yet that this job just isn't what we've built it up to be in our heads, cause biased. and that's ok. and you can say we've been cheap or whatever, but over a long enough time line, that becomes part of the reason this job isn't desirable....it becomes yet another symptom that fits in the 'undesirable' category...so be it leadership, being cheap, toxicity, roster, competition level, recruiting challenges...whatever....it all adds up to this job not being looked at like we think it is/should be.

that doesn't mean we can't hire the right guy.

and i agree with Swain on one point....and this is for anyone associated fan, alumni, donor, employees, players, coaches...etc....

are you helping or hurting? we have new leadership in place, the football complex has basically been wiped clean. we've seen an exodus of players from the last regime....

this is about as close to a true "restart" as you can get. and we've needed it. the problem for us, as fans, is we're the ones that have been here thru ALL OF it, so we're jaded, and EXTREMELY pessimistic....cause it hasn't mattered who has been at the helm...Different AD's, president's, chancellors and coaches.....the results have been the same....(and i think if someone that mattered over there, be it boyd or plowman or white, would at least acknowledge that and give fans a bit of a 'shout out', that might go a long way with some that are on edge....lol...jmo)

but.. that's why it's not our fault. that's why we're immediately and perpetually in 'believe it when i see it' mode....

but at some point..............it has to sink in.....it's been 15 years.......

anyway, i'm all for having fun with this, and i have, and i will continue to....but, there's some folks crossing lines out there, making the whole lot of us look like the lunatic fringe.....and contributing to that narrative....

tifwiw. this is not a "it's the fan's fault" sentiment. it is a "situational awareness" post.

have a great day folks.
At this point they've worn me down, just go pay some coordinator 10 million a year and just sink it. You win UT, you win

Reactions: jakez4ut
Congrats, man!

Have as many as you think you can manage. Then have a couple more. Multiply!
Love them, lay your life down for them, show them what it means to give. Starting with your bride. This is changing the world.
Know that the hardest part is not the late nights when they just need their butts wiped. The hard part is the late nights when their hearts are broken (and yours too). But that's also the most noble, lasting work of a man's life.

Just my two cents.
Absolutely incredible advice.

Swains saying one of our dumba** fans emailed Sunny Dykes saying we don’t want him. He apparently responded saying he doesn’t wanna be at our dumpster fire of a place with a bunch of redneck fans lol
If he freaked over one fan, then he doesn't have what it takes to be here, anyway, Either that or he's been turned down because someone at SMU doesn't call fans names at a huge program like Tennessee. Way to burn bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back