Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Volnation

Posts by AV and Beav....I have some catching up to do. I am heartened by the comment about DW having carte blanche to get this right. That’s a definite step in the right direction. Ultimately, I trust him. I know it’s hard with our past searches, but this is not that.

Godspeed Vols. Let’s hope today is the day

That’s only descriptive of their situation as reporters. I haven’t seen a dumpster fire yet but that’s mainly because I believe White and the Haslam’s strategy has been to mislead and withhold information. They don’t want us to know because they don’t want to be criticized but if they feel they’d have a Schiano 2.0 on their hands if they told us the truth then they’ve been doing it wrong from the start. This fanbase has been win starved and is willing to overlook a lot, including personal dislikes regarding given coaches. If we have a line it is saying Franklin is A ok and a whale while not so much as giving Freeze or Kiffin a glance. And that is ESPECIALLY true if what DW does with daddy’s black card is bring in Franklin which be a good hire sans black card (ignoring for the sake of argument that if Lane and Freeze lack integrity Franklin is so far away from it that he’d need faster than light travel to find some) but seems rather sad with the big guns pulled out.

That said, they may have something altogether better planned and don’t want the media leaking it yet for any number of legit reasons. That doesn’t make it a dumpster fire either. It just means the media is in the dark and acting childish because of course if they don’t know it must be bad.

Last edited:
I bet you would take him over a bunch of the other names thrown out there. Plus, he has SEC head coaching experience. If you just look at his resume as a coach, he would be a homerun. You have to trust White with any other side of him outside of being a coach, and trust we vetted him heavily. I still don’t think it’s him, unless what someone else said is true...Franklin leaked he was staying at Penn St because this thing was getting too close to breaking, and all parties were not ready for that yet.

LOL

Fleck coming out and saying he's not interested could definitely be positive. @HankHill said he knows for a fact that agents contacted a coach for Fleck about possibly being on his staff.

This makes me think that Fleck was vetted and was high on the list and then we got our man. There was a report from somewhere that all vetting was asked to be stopped.

Flecks agent then puts out they aren't interested in the job when it is going to someone else. Looks much better to say you said no than you were second on the list.

For the record I have no sources. This is just conjecture on my part.
This happens all the time and i hope it’s happening in this situation.

Good morning,

I hope AV is right and DW is going hire a proven winner. Swain mentioned something this morning that is true but hurts. Dave Hart, John Currie, Phillip Fulmer, Danny White. If all 4 can't attract a big name, homerun hire it gives us a look on how other coaches view our program. He spoke off the air with Low yesterday and it doesn't look good for us. Again, I hope AV is right on this.

Reactions: VolByLaw
One thing that I’ve learned from the last 3 coaching searches. Don’t expect the worst. Don’t expect the best. Expect mediocrity. Because Tennessee.

It’s UT. Think about the worst thing that could happen. Then figure out what is even worse than that, and that will happen.

Like our last search — what’s the worst that can happen? The Fanbase riots over the AD’s choice, we get turned down by 5 others, the AD gets fired and we end up settling for an unproven coordinator. That’s the worst that can happen right?

No, the worst that can happen is all of that plus the unproven coordinator cheats like hell on the way to a 3-7 season and major NCAA sanctions.

Last edited:
Good morning,

I hope AV is right and DW is going hire a proven winner. Swain mentioned something this morning that is true but hurts. Dave Hart, John Currie, Phillip Fulmer, Danny White. If all 4 can't attract a big name, homerun hire it gives us a look on how other coaches view our program. He spoke off the air yesterday with Low yesterday and it doesn't look good for us. Again, I hope AV is right on this.
Swain keeps beating the Elliott drum and he's not coming off of that

Reactions: VOLSONLY and UTProf
Deep breaths everyone. It’s like we are participating in a large group panic attack.
What do we know? We know that our new AD has a history of making excellent hires. We know that AV is impressed and said to chill.
What don’t we know? Anything else. And guess what, neither do the media. They are guessing bc they have to provide some content. That’s their job.
Hi, I’m nuctech777, and I have BVS.

Good morning!

It’s happy James Franklin Day!!
Just can't see it. Professionally, it makes no logical sense for him to leave PSU. Even if we weren't under NCAA cloud, the two jobs are a push.

Now if there are personal/family issues are reason he wants to south, then thats a horse of a different color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back