Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has to be the day right. Day 5, DW said we would love quick. Seems we have by all signs. But after day 5, does quick still apply? Not so sure. Still maybe it's later in the week if we have to go down the list s bit. But I believe dammit.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
What I don’t get is if we were so confident in pullling off this coup to get out from a Pruitt buyout and overthrow Fulmer, wouldn’t we have some elaborate plan with an AD and HC combo that are not worried about the NCAA sanctions? Obviously we had the AD. I mean the guy could have waited for another big job but he took this one. It’s not like he wasn’t going to be offered again. Then he also would have to feel really good about who he could get for HC. He isn’t stupid. He never makes decisions in a whim. I mean for boosters to turn in all that dirt they had to know there was a guy out there willing to take it regardless. More I think about it I don’t think Campbell is type to participate in a coup. I think Franklin, Cristobal, Patterson, Stoops are more likely suspects to participate. I wish it was Stoops but doubt he would go against his brother. Stoops name alone could recruit through sanctions. Just my thoughts.
I’m starting to think more and more it may be Cristobal. He could recruit through sanctions I think. Plus, we are just now starting to hear his name surface a little, and it seems we are close to announcing. Does White have any connection to him, through his brother or himself?

I’m starting to think more and more it may be Cristobal. He could recruit through sanctions I think. Plus, we are just now starting to hear his name surface a little, and it seems we are close to announcing. Does White have any connection to him, through his brother or himself?
That would be a solid hire

I hope Chris Low is not getting the leaks from Insiders like it was mentioned in this thread. I do not want Franklin.

I bet you would take him over a bunch of the other names thrown out there. Plus, he has SEC head coaching experience. If you just look at his resume as a coach, he would be a homerun. You have to trust White with any other side of him outside of being a coach, and trust we vetted him heavily. I still don’t think it’s him, unless what someone else said is true...Franklin leaked he was staying at Penn St because this thing was getting too close to breaking, and all parties were not ready for that yet.

Negative. Hubbs said he has no interest.

I'm not convinced that was always the case. It might have been but yesterday I listened to the ISU AD and I thought his choice of words were interesting. He said CMC had decided to stay at ISU and that they were going to renegotiate his contract and the contracts for his staff. He was begging for money and talking about structuring loans to cover their present operating deficit. Now CMC might not have been contemplating a move to Knoxville but we and I think the Houston Texans are the only 2 unfilled vacancies for higher paid coaches. I don't know how it shakes out but it was clear from the ISU AD that more money for Campbell and his staff was what it was going to take to keep them in Ames. I'm just speculating (sorry AV) but in this game of poker we may have raised and they're mortgaging the farm to call. I would imagine we'd have to raise again and again and again if we were going to make it impossible for someone like Campbell to say no. The thing is if he has "decided to stay" that suggests to me he must have at some point considered leaving for someplace else, maybe not here, but somewhere. jmo.

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
1611660990139.gif

Today's our day. We can do this. Let's go, Vols!!
Yesterday was beautiful. We gave our all and came up short.
But we know the way. This is the way: Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.
Time to get up, pack your lunch. Follow every flight, video every search firm lobby, take snaps of clues on campus...Go out there and make VN GREAT!

tenor.gif

Reactions: ATC_VOL and Pacer92
Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
The only thing is I will not stand by a couple of the names thrown out there. aka Franklin

Reactions: TennSam
I don't believe any of the Franklin stuff.

A. He is already getting paid handsomely at his dream school.
B. Has it been reported he is unhappy ?
C. No coach or agent has ever interjected their name in a high profile coaching search for a raise or in this case facility upgrades.
D. The media surely wouldn't put out a name of a coach they know the fan base despises would they? Particularly when they don't have much to discuss since the new AD runs a tight ship. Click bait much?
E. I have a hard time believing they would go after him with pending lawsuits.
A. True but he's realized there are limits with Penn State
B. He has been butting heads a little
C. True but when this happens they don't sit down at the table and begin negotiations
D. Not sure how this one got out but if I had to guess all of this probably started Sunday
E. If you read the Lawsuit, yes it names him however it clearly states he had no involvement in the hazing

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Look at the timing of my post versus the 247 Tweet. Fleck was one of the big targets that said no. The other whale is more exciting and in theory higher probability of landing.
Vague man say vague things. "Whale this. Brinks truck that. Pew pew big man coming to Knoxville. Read my cryptic posts and decipher my codes to find out I was right all along."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back