Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the case with Franklin that they're close enough a deal can still be made. Just depends on how bad Tennessee wants it. You don't get that far in negotiations just to shut it down, you hammer things out, give a little and get it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebowbear
With Franklin, if he did try to cover it up, then I would hope he has repented. No way to know what truly happened and he will have been thoroughly vetted twice. I have talked myself into this, but am still a little worried about it.

Reactions: Sleegro
Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
EF113C1A-496F-43B0-98B0-FED26E0E9F96.gif
1C151C48-3BF4-46BA-AECF-6D10D00C839E.gif

It’s been a fun coaching search, but now reality is setting in and I just hope it ends well.

I never thought Franklin was even attainable, he makes a lot of money and is from the NorthEast. This would have definitely been a homerun though.

Fleck hurts. He does make a lot of money, but I did think he would jump to UT.

Tony Elliott should be the floor, but I would personally rather have Tom Herman or Jamey Chadwell.

I do trust Danny White, but if he does end up hiring Dykes over Chadwell that’s a head scratcher. Honestly if we’re going to get hammered by the NCAA anyway, just hire Freeze.
Fleck coming out and saying he's not interested could definitely be positive. @HankHill said he knows for a fact that agents contacted a coach for Fleck about possibly being on his staff.

This makes me think that Fleck was vetted and was high on the list and then we got our man. There was a report from somewhere that all vetting was asked to be stopped.

Flecks agent then puts out they aren't interested in the job when it is going to someone else. Looks much better to say you said no than you were second on the list.

For the record I have no sources. This is just conjecture on my part.

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.

BOOM... in the words of the Beatles, whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

The fact AV was in here posting a few times last night tells me DW has his man locked up, and it’s just a matter of time until it’s announced. AV hadn’t made an appearance in days, probably due to being busy flying people around to take care of finalizing things. Things are done IMO.

Look at the timing of my post versus the 247 Tweet. Fleck was one of the big targets that said no. The other whale is more exciting and in theory higher probability of landing.
You just outed yourself as BS by saying Flek was one of the big targets. People, stop giving this guy the time of day. He screwed with your minds in 2017 with Gruden, and now he’s back to do it again to help his hubris. He’s probably waiting for AV to post so he can catch some limelight too. He’s like the Joker in Dark Knight, he thrives off chaos.

I don't believe any of the Franklin stuff.

A. He is already getting paid handsomely at his dream school.
B. Has it been reported he is unhappy ?
C. No coach or agent has ever interjected their name in a high profile coaching search for a raise or in this case facility upgrades.
D. The media surely wouldn't put out a name of a coach they know the fan base despises would they? Particularly when they don't have much to discuss since the new AD runs a tight ship. Click bait much?
E. I have a hard time believing they would go after him with pending lawsuits.

I don't like his personality.
This is me. My opinion has nothing to do with him beating us while at Vandy or the legal baggage with the rape cases being thrown around here. I just think he's an ***hole. At least that's how he comes across to me. I'd rather have that players coach that obviously loves his players. See Campbell interviews.

With that said, I'll support whoever it is. It'll either work out or it won't. This is the way.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
The fact AV was in here posting a few times last night tells me DW has his man locked up, and it’s just a matter of time until it’s announced. AV hadn’t made an appearance in days, probably due to being busy flying people around to take care of finalizing things. Things are done IMO.
Hope your right

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back