Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait wait....

We won’t look at Chadwell because of compliance department issues that were proven to be not related to him, but we will accept James Franklin?

DW spent all weekend trying to convince a guy who half of this fanbase can’t stand to come coach the Vols? And gave him a brinks truck of money?

Yet we could have offered the same brinks truck to Fleck? Or even camped out all weekend at Campbell’s house?

I’m sorry, but this seems crazy. Franklin is a good coach, but to make him our top target when we are throwing brinks trucks around seems like a lot of the same old UT.

I would place Herman in my top 3 or 4. What do you believe about the reports of his players recruiting against Texas?

Honestly I wonder if this is not just the work of ”bad actors”. It’s no secret that TX boosters are the worst and there always seems to be something going on there. It was the same with Mack Brown, Charlie String, and now Herman. They are all good coaches. At some point you have to wonder if the tail isn’t wagging the dog a little too much at little UT.

Wait wait wait....

We won’t look at Chadwell because of compliance department issues that were proven to be not related to him, but we will accept James Franklin?

DW spent all weekend trying to convince a guy who half of this fanbase can’t stand to come coach the Vols? And gave him a brinks truck of money?

Yet we could have offered the same brinks truck to Fleck? Or even camped out all weekend at Campbell’s house?

I’m sorry, but this seems crazy. Franklin is a good coach, but to make him our top target when we are throwing brinks trucks around seems like a lot of the same old UT.

We know nothing. We are looking at everyone and no one.

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
I'll take being underrated, finally catching our stride and flow, and going into March hot.

We have a lot of work to do, but being #1 right now and playing perfect basketball in Jan doesn't mean anything.

Hope they get it together and go in hot
First things first is to get healthy.
I think its pretty obvious that Springer is the key that makes the offense flow.
Vescovi's hip needs to get right.
And gotta figure out what's wrong with Fulky. I don't think he is Grant level but hes better then hes been playing.

Wow I take the evening off and now I’m 100 pages behind!? Anything new?
Almost had Franklin according to VQ, AV came and reassured everything is fine and we’re still on schedule and our AD is a bad ass. Fleck is out. VQ “Can’t see” Campbell happening. Truth is
no one knows anything (probably)

I like Herman but not comfortable with the reports that his current players were telling potential recruits not to go to Texas. First of all , 1) are the reports true and 2) was Herman’s relationships with his current players rocky for some reason. Question for anyone who has thoughts on the issue?
This is the part I worry about with Herman as well. To have your own players recruiting against you. I don’t know exactly what happened, but there weren’t many in his corner.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
You realize Tennessee has multiple rape issues right? There are terrible dudes in every program.

I’m not talking AJ. I’m talking situations like Antwan Stewart and Niko Silvan under Fulmer.

Unfortunately it’s an issue on almost every campus.

Edit to say I don’t think Franklin handled it well, but the accusations he covered it up were proven to be unfounded.
Nilo Silvan was falsely accused.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
As long as he doesn't trot out Sonny Dykes, I'm going to trust DW's judgment. There have been some names mentioned that I like and some that I don't, but Dykes is literally the only guy mentioned so far that I would categorize as completely unacceptable to hire.

I can agree with this. He's the one name that's been talked about a lot that is just "WTF" level

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back