Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esm76ITWMAARJYg

Looks like Franklin on the right when you zoom in
1611612814820.png

Campbell makes all the sense in the world to us. If it’s not him, I hope we made him turn down generational wealth.

The question is whether he thinks it makes sense for him. I could certainly make the sales pitch, but plenty of reasons that he might not bite, given that he could presumably get half the coaches in CFB fired with one call to their AD saying he wants a change of scenery.
Would be nice to cause bankruptcy at another school.

Last edited:
My recollection was that Butch told him the rest of the team would think of him as a traitor. Didn’t seem horrifying. I remember Finebaum saying that the allegation was the most shocking thing he’d encountered in his history as a reporter. Always wanted to ask him if he was on sabbatical when Dave Bliss happened.
It was he called Bowles a traitor on the phone and then called him right back and apologized. Butch immediately came out and said that was a lie and he’d never do that to a young man helping a rape victim and that he can’t believe anyone would assault his character like that. Something along those lines. There was proof of Butch calling Bowles but no recording of the call. At the end of the day it’s just one person word vs the other

I’ll gladly change my stance on Franklin if there’s evidence he tried to cover it up, but I haven’t seen any and nobody in this thread has brought some up.

I really hope when this is all said and done, one of the insiders lets us know if we did land our No. 1 choice or if we had to go with our backup. I'd love to know if all of this secrecy was worth it.

For real. It would be embarrassing to run a CIA covert level coaching search only to find out we hired another can of cream corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back