Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I doubt James Franklin as a recruiter. Penn State sort of recruits itself. It seems like they get to take their pick, more or less, of those northeastern kids.
He developed well. I think he could recruit well enough. I just think he instills a toxic culture just by his personality and that's my main issue with him, I just don't think he'd be a good fit.

It’s not going to be Franklin. I think we should move on from that idea. It’s apparent no one knows anything. I think this hire will be someone we never expected.
The list just isn't that long, assuming the salaries being thrown out are accurate. Maybe they aren't.

The only way we've missed someone is if they are hiring someone straight out of the NFL.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Franklin is a good coach. I personally just don’t like him.

I hated him at Vandy.

And I don’t like the idea of ever hiring a rival coach.

The rival thing is a fair point - if Tennessee considers Vandy a rival.

Also, hiring a rival's former coach worked out pretty well for Alabama, although Franklin is definitely not as proven as Nick Saban was...

No one, that matters, would criticize $6-7m rotating 5 yr deal for Campbell if we can get him.

If would be considered a gigantic win for us considering how everything has gone down the last couple months, the last ten days in particular.
**** that. The last 10 years.

We are going to have to overpay anyone. That's the reality. The fact that we are supposedly actually willing to do that this time is extremely positive.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
No one, that matters, would criticize $6-7m rotating 5 yr deal for Campbell if we can get him.

If would be considered a gigantic win for us considering how everything has gone down the last couple months, the last ten days in particular.

Not at all you typically have to pay top 5 guys top 5 money before they become top 5 anyway.

A new prerequisite for being Tennessee's HC should be no connection to a rape case. We are talking about the possible cover-up for the rape of children (Schiano) and women (Franklin). When there are hundreds of candidates with no rape cover-ups in their background, only Tennessee would possibly consider two people with that connection in their past. This isn't purchasing a hooker or some other smaller moral flaw this is RAPE. It isn't hard to understand that we don't want anyone connected (in any way, right or wrong) to such a horrible act representing the university and state.
I do not understand how this even has to be talked about. Connected to...not proven in a court of law.

Last edited:
Does anyone think it's strange from looking back at AV's prior post's that Kiffin is the only coach that he has commented on? Just food for thought.

This one?

Kiffin is a prick, liar, cheater and genuine bad person....trust me. Only about 10% of stuff about him while in ktown and other places has ever been reported.
Let’s refocus this thread on Big O.

Does anyone think it's strange from looking back at AV's prior post's that Kiffin is the only coach that he has commented on? Just food for thought.
I noted that all along... I even posted a while back (Ha! probably last week!) that it was strange to me that he said he had to keep quiet because media publicity was detrimental to their (boosters) efforts, but then within about an hour he responded to a post about Kiffin having reached out to someone with UT ties with "I can confirm that." - Always made me think that Kiffin was off the table.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I completely agree. But, that is why I said, "would possibly consider."
Not enough evidence to convict the accused, though. 😉

Let’s give White the benefit of the doubt. He’s the best AD or football hire we’ve had in decades. I firmly believe he’ll deliver a quality coach.

Reactions: screenthis
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back