Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? If the Big Ten is this juggernaut of coaching why has only 1 Big Ten team won a championship since 1998? Ohio State has 2 championships in that span, the rest of the Big Ten none...0. Meanwhile 5 different SEC have won a championship since 1998. The SEC has 13 of the 21 championships won since 1998. How can this be with all of the tremendous coaches the Big Ten has/had?
Ohio State is the only national brand recruiting consistently in the Top 5/10 in the Big 10.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
A new prerequisite for being Tennessee's HC should be no connection to a rape case. We are talking about the possible cover-up for the rape of children (Schiano) and women (Franklin). When there are hundreds of candidates with no rape cover-ups in their background, only Tennessee would possibly consider two people with that connection in their past. This isn't purchasing a hooker or some other smaller moral flaw this is RAPE. It isn't hard to understand that we don't want anyone connected (in any way, right or wrong) to such a horrible act representing the university and state.
But...but...but... he wins. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

The premise of your post lead me to that singular conclusion. Didn't feel I needed a more verbose rebuttal.
If one can't be considered because of the past, the other shouldn't either. My post was ironic, sarcasm laced with some degree of truth. If you can't process that perhaps I'm not the challenged one.

Franklin has a horrendous 2020 season, leading Penn State to its first ever 0-5 start.. he did finish the year strong but..

Okay, someone sell me on Campbell. What is elite other than that he does more with less. Also, is he an offensive coach?

I’ve been studying this a bit and I think the way I would describe it after reviewing his 10 year history as a head coach is that he is accomplished on both sides of the ball. He had the 3rd best offense and the 2nd best defense in the B12 this past year. I think he had better offenses relative to his conference when he was at Toledo and better defenses in the aggregate while he’s been at ISU. I think this is consistent with doing more with less. He would likely never have the sort of depth at those places that he might build here and so I think in the past he may have had to rely on a smaller rotation for the various positions. It has given him the flexibility to have continued success against teams that out-talent his. I also think he may have a good grasp of the X’s and O’s, on both sides of the ball, and he appears to be a pretty good game manager, including at times being a bit creative. jmo.

I love Campbell, but he’s not top 5.

Saban, Dabo, Riley, Day, Kelly, Mullen, Shaw all active guys I’d put ahead of him if taking into account entire careers.

Campbell is probably top 5 in the up & comer ranks though.
He is considered a top 5 coach by a lot of folks that cover CFB.

It’s someone we’re either not discussing or have barely discussed.

Matt Campbell isn’t an 8 million a year hire IMO.

It’ll be someone we’re all psyched about but I think it’ll be a shocker.

But I’m gonna go to bed tonight and pray to 9lb 8oz baby Jesus all cute in his manger that it’s Lane Fkn Kiffin.
It’s about 6m a year over 7 years est.

Its totally a guess. So many variables here. 1. We dont know DW nor do reporters. So no sources. 2. NCAA stuff. How does that scare ppl? 3. What is budget?

Personally, any of Campbell, Franklin, and Napier and im over the moon. Im honestly preparing for Elliot. Here is the thing, DW has such a killer record on hiring coaches, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, if anyone does, he does.
Anybody but Franklin

For what it's worth, I doubt James Franklin as a recruiter. Penn State sort of recruits itself. It seems like they get to take their pick, more or less, of those northeastern kids.

A new prerequisite for being Tennessee's HC should be no connection to a rape case. We are talking about the possible cover-up for the rape of children (Schiano) and women (Franklin). When there are hundreds of candidates with no rape cover-ups in their background, only Tennessee would possibly consider two people with that connection in their past. This isn't purchasing a hooker or some other smaller moral flaw this is RAPE. It isn't hard to understand that we don't want anyone connected (in any way, right or wrong) to such a horrible act representing the university and state.

+1000

There's a POS...then there's a POS, who breaks the law.

If Franklin is just a regular ole POS, I'd take him in a heartbeat; but, only if Kiffin, Freeze, or Campbell had turned us down.
I thought I liked this post..I would be fine with Franklin minus the rape stuff. I read a lot about that when it happened. I believe with all my heart that he tried to help cover it up at first. The video **** made me sick..

With all due respect, you don’t know who White is considering. Neither do I. Or Hubbs or Price. We’re getting fake news nuggets they want us to hear to keep us off the scent.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back