Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? If the Big Ten is this juggernaut of coaching why has only 1 Big Ten team won a championship since 1998? Ohio State has 2 championships in that span, the rest of the Big Ten none...0. Meanwhile 5 different SEC have won a championship since 1998. The SEC has 13 of the 21 championships won since 1998. How can this be with all of the tremendous coaches the Big Ten has/had?
Day, Franklin, harbaugh, Ferentz, Fitzgerald, fleck, and Chryst are all better coaches than everyone in the SEC not named Saban

Its totally a guess. So many variables here. 1. We dont know DW nor do reporters. So no sources. 2. NCAA stuff. How does that scare ppl? 3. What is budget?

Personally, any of Campbell, Franklin, and Napier and im over the moon. Im honestly preparing for Elliot. Here is the thing, DW has such a killer record on hiring coaches, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, if anyone does, he does.
Good lord don't say Franklin's name.... Sh!t, I just said it didn't I... 😱

Reactions: InVOLuntary
A new prerequisite for being Tennessee's HC should be no connection to a rape case. We are talking about the possible cover-up for the rape of children (Schiano) and women (Franklin). When there are hundreds of candidates with no rape cover-ups in their background, only Tennessee would possibly consider two people with that connection in their past. This isn't purchasing a hooker or some other smaller moral flaw this is RAPE. It isn't hard to understand that we don't want anyone connected (in any way, right or wrong) to such a horrible act representing the university and state.

Can't win on merits of argument, resort to name calling, thereby forfeiting said argument, I'm sure it's because you're late to you're MENSA meeting though.

The premise of your post lead me to that singular conclusion. Didn't feel I needed a more verbose rebuttal.

I’d be in for Cristobal...I think it’s funny that everyone wants to dissect every aspect of these coaches careers or in some case crap on what they did at a “lesser” school—over on the Iowa State message boards I read a lot of “we’re like Nebraska”—distinct difference between our program and Nebraska.

The accusations around Franklin's "coverup" come from a defense lawyer making a motion to dismiss the case. Y'all are literally trusting the a-holes representing the scumbags who actually raped someone.

These guys tried to dodge a trial that was going to result in a guilty verdict by getting a bigger fish on the hook. It was a hailmary and it hasn't been corroborated by any reputable source.

I'm sticking up for James Franklin and it's making me physically ill, so I'm going to stop. The lawsuits at Penn State aren't a good look but that looks more like standard football butthurt to me. It could happen anywhere... just ask Mack Crowder.

Reactions: BruinVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back