Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things we all need to remember:

1. It's almost a guarantee the next guy is gonna get fired, whether it's in 3 years, 5 years, 7 years, etc. He's eventually gonna get shitcanned for not winning enough games. Yes, on a long enough timeline, even Lane Kiffin is almost a surefire bet to get fired with the fans hating his guts by his last season or two.

2. We aren't getting someone without some blemishes. Thankfully, we will likely get someone with a lot of upside who isn't a McGoogle, but we aren't getting a guy who is just an all around perfect hire. We've hashed out why everyone sucks at this point, and whoever the hire is will be someone that a vocal contingent of fans absolutely hate and will be convinced will fail from day one.

When was the last time we won 11 games? I sure would like to have a coach that does that.
Gene Chizik caught lightning in a bottle and had one good season at Auburn. That would feel great, but that doesn't mean we should go hire him. I think Fleck's probably a solid coach, but I don't think his work at MN proves he's able to build a program at a P5 school.

Reactions: gmaynard
Two things we all need to remember:

1. It's almost a guarantee the next guy is gonna get fired, whether it's in 3 years, 5 years, 7 years, etc. He's eventually gonna get shitcanned for not winning enough games. Yes, on a long enough timeline, even Lane Kiffin is almost a surefire bet to get fired with the fans hating his guts by his last season or two.

2. We aren't getting someone without some blemishes. Thankfully, we will likely get someone with a lot of upside who isn't a McGoogle, but we aren't getting a guy who is just an all around perfect hire. We've hashed out why everyone sucks at this point, and whoever the hire is will be someone that a vocal contingent of fans absolutely hate and will be convinced will fail from day one.
Yay.

I think a lot of people have to understand what reality is with Tennessee’s football program. There is an outside view and an inside view to the UT program. You all can name your favorites but the bottom line is it will probably be a big disappointment to a lot of fans no matter whom it might be. Could it be Campbell? No clue, but I can tell you this much bad administrative decisions and yes even bad fans create an atmosphere..creates an environment of negativity. Money ain’t everything. I guess we’ll see.
Anyone with a brain understands why this fan base is negative. We’ve watched admin after admin hire crap coach after crap coach. Give us a winning coach and we become the best fan base in college sports and it’s really that simple.

If White is all they say he is and I have no reason to believe his not, I just can't see him taking the same risk hiring Elliott as we did with Pruitt. I am not talking about personalities for I am sure Elliot is a much better character than Pruitt just talking about both having no HC experience. Boyd and Plowman made said the same thing that they and ATLvol said it, that UT is not a proving ground for Coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back