Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wouldn't believe anything you're hearing right now.. White has this thing on lockdown. A lot of people that know nothing are slinging sh!t to see if anything sticks...
I've said I'm reserving judgement until that hire. I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt any longer.

He's not Butch Jones. Butch Jones had gimmick tendencies. PJ Fleck's entire personality is a gimmick.

Listen to that dude talk for 2 minutes and tell me honestly he can meet with boosters, do the coach show, etc etc.
Danny White is here to get boosters under control. Im more worried about the fact Fleck built 2 programs.

I hope you guys arent still so gullible, after everything we've been thru... to say "Fleck will get it done here!"
He wont, my dudes. He will be average in the SEC because he is an average hire.
His offense will not be successful in the SEC.
I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just looking at it from an unbiased perspective.
He is an average hire.
He damn sure isn't worth everything the program went thru to get rid of Pruitt.

1611454638886.gif

Whats different about instilling the right culture?
What's different about getting back to a 9 win program?
Fleck can do both if those things.
The same people said this about Urban and Saban 🤣 Football is football. If anything, SEC talent makes guys look better than they really are. I'd be glad to get someone doing more with less. Not these SEC retread good ole boys.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
In our 4 hires since fulmer 3/4 have been head coaches.

I don’t know why we think we have to hire a coach with Head coaching experience
Have you watched the last three years?

You preach that we'd have been better off hiring Shiano. Why do you think that? I know why you think that. A coach with no head coaching experience is not why you think that.

I'll tell you what's different. It's the same thing that sold White on Plowman, and the ace up the sleeve that White holds--the ability to sell a bona fide proven vision of a commitment to excellence. Got to think that folks have well tuned radars for the bum's rush in the college game. I am not saying it's Elliot, but if it is the administration, the AD and the HC will be in alignment. If Elliot has turned others down it's because they didn't have this to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back