Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
prolly.

we got what we got b/c of the situation in 2017, and as any fanbase would do, we 'found' things to gravitate towards, and plotted a path to success with Pruitt.

we'll do the same with whoever's next. we did it with butch. i don't recall doing it with Dooley, i did call that as soon as the press conference was over...lol.

and i was, and am, still all in on kiffin. man if he'd of just stayed.
As a kiffin fan, I’d like your opinion on this. What do you make of him allegedly willing to do the same thing to ole miss as he did with us?

I'm gonna guess we hire Napier at the end of all this.

It wouldn’t be my first choice but it makes a lot of since. He is from NW GA and would be coming back closer to home.

His dad was a coach for years at Murray Co HS in GA. His dad taught drivers Ed at Dalton State College and was my drivers Ed teacher while I was in HS. I have never met Billy Napier but his dad was always a kind man that took good care of his players and students.

Is Bob Stoops anyone's ideal candidate?

I could see him being a major letdown. Make him one of the highest paid coaches in the country only to find out the game has passed him by.
eh. could he rattle off 10 straight years like he did at OU? probably not.

but could the guy run a program, well, for 10 years? put together a great staff? recruit? add instant credibility to the brand?

i'd be so excited if it was bob stoops. but yeah, he would check every box, twice. lol. that would be like bringing in Barnes, in basketball. it just fast forwards thru a lot of the "stuff" a new HC or "new to the SEC" coach would have to go thru....

i mean, he'd be perfect. but no way that's happening......

The issue regarding UT and hire assistants as HC is that it hasn’t gone well,
I can only think of 2 times we've hired a first time head coach in my lifetime. One of them won a national championship. One of them just got fired. It's hard not to let recency bias influence our choices but it's usually a good idea to try.

As a kiffin fan, I’d like your opinion on this. What do you make of him allegedly willing to do the same thing to ole miss as he did with us?
better ole miss than us, this time?
i mean, if there's anyone that he should leave after 1 year for....it's us.

the buyout clause....needs to be a bit beefier than the one MH had.... :)

Elliott is not Beamer. I'd rather have a standing HC than a OC too, but if you're going the OC route, Elliott's on a totally different level.
Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. He’s the OC at the number 2 program in college football. Could be a mirage just like Pruitt and Chad Morris, Muschamp, McElwain and others

He could have saved himself a lot of time and just talked solely to Trey Smith. That guy loves UT and knows the history. He recreated one of the greatest press conferences in Tennessee history. That guy gets it.

Reactions: TennacJed
Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. He’s the OC at the number 2 program in college football. Could be a mirage just like Pruitt and Chad Morris, Muschamp, McElwain and others
I'd like Elliott over Steve "Jacky D" Sarkisian that's for sure.

So at least we could say we did better than the other UT. In my eyes anyway.

They weren't number 2 when he took over. He didn't appear post-rise a la Pruitt, he was a significant part of it.

Offense was #64 in 2014 with Morris in a 10-3, #15 ranked season.

2015 they went to #9 offensively, and have averaged #7 since. Went to the Championship for the first time in his first year calling plays.

Reactions: HankHill
They weren't number 2 when he took over. He didn't appear post-rise a la Pruitt, he was a significant part of it.

Offense was #64 in 2014 with Morris in a 10-3, #15 ranked season.

2015 they went to #9 offensively, and have averaged #7 since. Went to the Championship for the first time in his first year calling plays.
They’ve also had Watson and Trevor Lawrence

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back