Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we were that high school.
well, it should be, half that team coulda/woulda/shoulda been here, as well as a couple coaches. in a parallel universe where we don't completely screw ourselves for the past 15 years....we would be what clemson is now....i firmly believe that.

but i digress.............

back to the search.

If Dr. White picks Elliot I’m gonna roll with it because this one hire will make it break his time here and maybe his career. If it is Elliot I hope we save some of that FU money for a true can’t miss staff.

I would be a little let down from what my expectations have been since he was hired but let’s be honest we will all be right back foaming at the mouth when he lands Simpson’s commitment and has us as a front runner for Arch.
I disagree...This one hire will not make or break his time at UT. How he handles it if his hire doesn't succeed will.

Nobody is defending Pruitt for anything he did here. But saying he wasn’t regarded as a great DC is stupid. You can go back to 2017 and read everything that was written about him then and see for yourselves. You can also look at FSU, Ga, and Bama’s defense and see that he improved all three. You can say he’s an awful HC, he is. But he was regarded as elite. Cole Cubelic referred to him as the greatest defensive mind in the game. Not sure how we got here other than you’re wanting to turn our program over to another unproven coordinator who is basically the same as Pruitt, a coordinator at an elite football program coaching 5 stars, but who is a better person.
Butch hung 38 on him at Georgia and beat him. Georgia tech beat him. Florida beat him.

Cole is friends with Pruitt of course he’s saying that.

The red flags were there... everyone ignored them including me because we were happy to have them here. We shouldn’t have ignored them. Because the same person that was showing us red flags... showed back up here and nearly took everything we love down to the ground.

We’re in the middle of a coaching search. I’m not putting too much time into responses right now. I’ll do better next week.
FeminineBlankLeopard-size_restricted.gif

Takes a little bit of luck to get the right fit.
I honestly think the biggest issue we've had hiring coaches has been a lack of cohesive leadership above the coach. From the president, chancellor and AD. Even if some of our hires could have worked out i think they may have all been set up for failure because the culture and support above them was less than desirable. It's maybe too early to tell but the way the past week has gone has given hope that all that appears to be far improved. Which will help in getting this hire right, even in the event it's not the perceived home run VN wants, and it will help whoever is hired be in a better position to succeed since the leadership and support from the top will be there. Not sure if that's been the case for the last 15 years or more.

What other great coordinators bounce around.... he was a bag man. FSU saw it. UGA saw it. Saban doesn’t care Bc it’s his defense
I've said it and was questioned for it but the dude isn't the defensive guru he was made out to be. He was a product of the players he purchased. He'll flame out now that he's been exposed.

I'm loving Barnes more everyday.

And... hmmm....it's almost like we've heard about the second (bolded) part before. 🤔
Hey ummm..... no rush or anything but if you could let Atlanta and friends know we would like them to hurry things up a bit that would be great...

What about how the search has gone makes you think Freeze?
"Moral Compass" "Integrity". Freeze has embraced a redemption arc. He's won at a high level in the SEC. He's worked with Danny White in the past. AV has said he thought they had their guy forever ago. In November, the team was floundering and the Haslams obviously made a play to kick out Fulmer. I just don't think you set up a coach with NCAA infractions without an answer already.

Butch hung 38 on him at Georgia and beat him. Georgia tech beat him. Florida beat him.

Cole is friends with Pruitt of course he’s saying that.

The red flags were there... everyone ignored them including me because we were happy to have them here. We shouldn’t have ignored them. Because the same person that was showing us red flags... showed back up here and nearly took everything we love down to the ground.
The red flags were not about his coaching, but his personality. No one. Literally no one. Not even Aaron Murray questioned his ability as a DC.

No question about that. But I'm honestly kinda burned out on trying to put together a "top-notch staff" because I don't care about assistants that much anymore. Time and time again we see that the top programs work because of the head coach. Especially in the modern era. It's a head coach league. Everything else falls into place once you've got one. Fulmer is probably one of the only guys to win a national championship and be highly successful primarily because of his assistants.
Orgeron...come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back