Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could say the same thing about your statement. Elliot has had far more opportunities than Chadwell, he just chose to stay at Clemson. You don’t get nfl interviews if you aren’t well regarded just in terms of football.

He was co-oc the for 3 years. This was his first year as the OC. Have to remember a lot of coaches look great (pruitt) when they are surrounded by elite talent, especially the best quarterback prospect in the last decade. If that's what we end up with, so be it. He only interviewed with one team, the dolphins, as an OC and then "decided" he would stay at Clemson. I'd much rather take a shot at Chadwell. We need someone with the experience of actually running a full blown program. I dont think some realize the obligations of a HC. There's a laundry list of just stupid stuff you have to do. I'm sure Pruitt hated all the radio ads and having to sit with Bob kesling a couple hours a week. 😂

We have more talent than everyone we play outside of Bama and Georgia currently. Florida is debatable and everyone on this board sh*ts on Mullen’s recruiting. Now y’all are tucking tail 😂😂😂
I’m just not big on coordinators from the likes of Bama and Clemson. Their talent level is so much greater than the majority of teams they play. And then look at the one good team Clemson did play this year.....
on top of that he’s never been the head guy and Tenn is a rebuild. I’d rather have your boy Fleck.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Based on what? People at Georgia at FSU hated the guy lol.
He was literally referred to by several as the greatest defensive mind in the game. Jalen Ramsey was on Twitter begging FSU to hire him. You’re rewriting history to fit your narrative. Not a good look

what If Tony Elliot brought Venables? Then would it change yalls mind? @Bassmaster_Vol

Venables is going to be a Chavis and keep that lifelong coordinator role. With the money they dish out now he will make as much as a smaller school HC without all of those responsibilities. He ain't leaving Clemson and what they have going on to come here. Lol

I feel like the Elliot leaks are to give people something to talk about. A place to look. A sign of ok here is the floor if we have to go coordinator route. Better than our last floor
I have a different thought on the Elliot leak. My thought is that White knows about the leaks coming out of UT and maybe floated the Elliot name to see where it came from. That's a pretty common practice when you're trying to find the source of a leak.

That's just a guess on my part because I've seen the tactic first hand in the corporate environment.

@HankHill What are your thoughts on Chadwell? Not in comparison to Elliott but just overall as a coach.
I like Chadwell too. I think he would be a good hire. Like ive said before Tennessee’s power and brand is so great. There’s literally 20 people who i can name off the top of my head that i have absolute confidence can get us back to being nationally relevant in a hurry. I think Chadwell can. I think tony Elliot can. I certainly think fleck and Campbell both can. There’s literally so many great candidates out there right now.

So what would be an expectation for an amount to offer Campbell?

He makes 3.5m. In the normal world, for a great job not in shambles, maybe he takes it for 4.5-5m. At UT, we are probably thinking of a premium amount to pay, so let's say we go in thinking 5.5-6m. Imo that gets turned down in a heartbeat. If we want Campbell, I mean really want him, we need to go nuts and offer 8-8.5m. Something crazy.

Fleck is basically Butch Jones on steroids. I think the fanbase would be extremely wary from the get-go with him. Wouldn't be the easy buy-in like Jones got. Would have to start winning before people truly jumped in the boat.
They are not all that similar at all. Fleck is a culture guy. And really good at it. Butch had no idea how to install a great culture. The only reason the comparison is made is because of the slogans. It's a lazy comparison. I do agree with you that none of what I just pointed out will matter to many UT fans. They will be standoffish and will need results to buy-in. But they are not even close to the same coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back