The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
When Kiffin first came here, I approved. Though it took me a long time, I forgave him for leaving (I would have done the same thing if I were across the country and UT called me). There are several good reasons to give him another chance; however, there is one compelling reason why he should never, ever come back to Knoxville. I never want another Nick Saban acolyte to ever work for us again.
I know he worked for Saban but I don’t really see him as a Saban protege like Smart or Pruitt. He had history and success as a OC long before his time at Bama. I see him as a west coast guy.

I think with 1 more year of success at Ole Miss, a lot better jobs will be calling than we currently are.
Like who?

USC is likely. That isn’t happening. LSU could be open, but I don’t know that the Orgeron connection would interfere. Saban could retire, but he’d likely have input on his successor and Lane would not be his choice. Not sure he’d be interested in any programs up North. Just not a ton of likely openings on the horizon.

Like who?

USC is likely. That isn’t happening. LSU could be open, but I don’t know that the Orgeron connection would interfere. Saban could retire, but he’d likely have input on his successor and Lane would not be his choice. Not sure he’d be interested in any programs up North. Just not a ton of likely openings on the horizon.
Florida could be having some penalties coming their way just like ours. If that’s the case, Florida would still be a far better job (at this moment in time).

on one condition

RackMultipart.3507.0_original.jpg
You wouldn't see her around, They divorced awhile back and not to mention she HATED Knoxville...Not glamorous enough for her....Besides she's a gator.

Re-hiring Kiffin would be like taking back your ex-wife that left you for her dream husband.

Re-hiring Kiffen is trying to overcome sanctions and hiring a guy who brought sanctions upon your program before. Yeah, real effing smart.

Florida could be having some penalties coming their way just like ours. If that’s the case, Florida would still be a far better job (at this moment in time).
If Lane wants a better job he isn’t turning down UT because Florida has a slim chance of being available next year.

VN Store

Back