Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I feel like Frost is being given every opportunity to succeed at his alma mater. He is Nebraska football. I realize that life in the B1G is not the same for Nebraska as it used to be in the Big 12 or 8, but I just don’t know how you leave your school being unsuccessful to go to another rebuilding program that many people put in the same conversation as Nebraska. It would be like Peyton coming here to coach, being mediocre and then taking a different job without being fired. That’s how i see it anyway.
Nebraska is having the same thought Michigan fans are having, which is "if our native son can't win here, who can?" There likely isn't a better person on the planet to turn around Michigan football - Harbaugh has demonstrated elite coaching ability everywhere he's been (except Michigan) and is a Michigan legend.

Frost probably is a good coach, but there's something structurally at that University, or within the college football landscape as a whole, that is preventing him from turning it around. Same deal at Michigan. At Nebraska I'm pretty sure their poor conference fit has something to do with it, but they are kind of trapped into it at the moment. I have no idea what it is at Michigan, but Michigan has always overrated itself.

Media may talk to boosters or coaches or staff or administration, but until the AD reveals a firm list to a wider audience, every bit of this is speculation.

Elliott or Kiffin ? Elliott should not even be on the cold board, let alone hot board. Elliott will not energize this base. Kiffin might not get the job but he is a take before Elliott

I've never understood this bizarre narrative. Would you rather have someone who "wins" the press conference/social media or "wins" on Saturdays? The only way to truly energize the fan base is to do the latter consistently.

Plowman looking for a builder. Danny likes to build will also find a builder. Matt Campbell is a builder. I have a feeling we will make him say no and make it hurt.
I have wanted Campbell at Tennessee for a LONG time, he is the epitome of a real football coach, but I will believe it when I see it. I refuse to even get excited about the possibility.

My only concern with a Campbell hire is the fanbase. We do not have any patience...absolute zero...and he will not build it quickly. He will not cut corners or take shortcuts, and I really doubt we as a whole would understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back