Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did too.

His Nebraska teams make me question him. Maybe he caught lightning in a bottle at UCF?
i think it was a bad combo...him and NE. NE needed him a whole lot more than he needed NE. he decided on that job with his heart, not his head.

NE is a lot harder to recruit to and win at now, than it is TN, and it's not really close....and even as tough as it is for us to recruit, we can still recruit top 10, top 15 nationally, regularly......if we ever start winning, we can consistently recruit around that top 4-8 range, and be relevant.

NE...i don't see it. the Big 10 roots are not in NE. and NE in state recruiting is like a full state of East TN recruits...i kid, but you get the idea. NE has to recruit TX, west coast, the midwest...

and Lincoln, NE sucks....sorry. but i've been there. not impressed.

Reactions: UTwild82
Mid-late 90s. Drafted in ‘98. Played for the Broncos and Bills and someone else. Scott Wells and Chad Clifton played for the Packers.
Man this brings back memories. I was in grad school teaching general biology and had Trey, Greg Johnson, Gray Barker, And Mike Grein in one lab and Tyrone Hines in another.

i think it was a bad combo...him and NE. NE needed him a whole lot more than he needed NE. he decided on that job with his heart, not his head.

NE is a lot harder to recruit to and win at now, than it is TN, and it's not really close....and even as tough as it is for us to recruit, we can still recruit top 10, top 15 nationally, regularly......if we ever start winning, we can consistently recruit around that top 4-8 range, and be relevant.

NE...i don't see it. the Big 10 roots are not in NE. and NE in state recruiting is like a full state of East TN recruits...i kid, but you get the idea. NE has to recruit TX, west coast, the midwest...

and Lincoln, NE sucks....sorry. but i've been there. not impressed.

Nebraska needs to go back to the Big 12 (which seems to be likely in the future) and go back to the triple option. They have absolutely no recruiting base within 500 miles of Lincoln. Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas, Florida, and California is their refuting grounds.

Are there any coaches out there right now that would change your mind? If they are serious enough to spend 7mill per year on a coach (which is what is now rumored) that speaks volumes to me that they are committed to winning and righting this ship. I know we have been down and quite frankly have been a laughing stock but if the things coming out about PF and JP are true maybe this overhaul is what we needed all the way around and Atlanta Vol was right. We will never know how bad things really were. Could things have been handled a little different so we didn’t have to have a NCAA investigation? Maybe. However, do you really think PF and JP would have cordially left their positions? I think we are in a better position today than we were last week and I’m glad you see the good in the new AD hire. Let’s hope the HC hire is in the same league because I have hope we can right this ship with a good hire if we make this one count.

No there isn’t. I told someone tonight I don’t even think Saban would succeed in the next 5 years here

The problem as I see it Is if we hire a big name expectations will be thru the roof. They will be unrealistic and once negativity sets in things snowball around Knoxville

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back