Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know?

Agree hard to answer right now. Campbell is one step ahead of Napier. Campbell succeeded at his G5 and is now on bigger stage albeit still a small stage. Napier is at his first G5 stop and not proven on P5 level. However I am a big believer in location and connections in college are even more important Than just the school name. Napier has more connecfions in recruiting and coaches in south than Campbell. Campbell is a Midwest guy through and through. So I lean Napier would succeed more at a southern school than Campbell at least faster.

I thought Charlie Strong made worst move of his career choosing Texas over TN. He would have racked up that instate defensive talent that was coming out at the time. Easier to get south Fl kids to TN than tx. He left his base for a job outside his comfort zone to a state without talent to fit his defensive style. Frost just did same thing choose his alma mater over SEC. you can’t get Oregon and Fl speed to Nebraska not consistently at least.

I don't disagree. I'm not a Campbell fan myself at all. Never have been. I just wish it wouldn't compare that way. Totally different situations and different type coach. One attitude may win here where one wouldn't. Jmo
If Lane isn’t coming I don’t know who my number 1 target would be. Needs to be an offensive guy. Needs to have experience as a winner. We can’t afford to miss

In 2018 Ragin Cagins had 19 recruits..6 were 3 stars 13 were 2 stars or under....2019 28 recruits...22 were 3 stars..6 were 2 star or under..2020 had 21 recruits 20 were 3 stars other 1 was 2 star.. Dudes definitely done more with less!!!

Napier definitely not a bad coach( but doesn't seem likely he's the big name hire they're swinging for)

Last edited:
Even they are risks. Saban's about the only guarantee in college football.
While I understand that. I don't know of another coach outside of those 2 that have the offense to win in this league and has been proven in this league. They are risks for other reasons, not from a winning standpoint.

In 2018 Ragin Cagins had 19 recruits..6 were 3 stars 13 were 2 stars or under....2019 28 recruits...22 were 3 stars..6 were 2 star or under..2020 had 21 recruits 20 were 3 stars other 1 was 2 star..

Napier definitely not a bad coach( but doesn't seem likely he's the big name hire they're swinging for)
Wait, are they supposed to be recruiting 4 and 5* guys there?

While I understand that. I don't know of another coach outside of those 2 that have the offense to win in this league and has been proven in this league. They are risks for other reasons, not from a winning standpoint.
Disagree. I don't think they're guaranteed to win. Certainly they are better options than a lot of other coaches, but they are not guaranteed to come here and succeed and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back