Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I was sure this program wouldn't recover, that we would continue to flounder aimlessly.

What I witnessed today was a commitment to the future. While I'm not convinced the admin will continue to make the right moves it appears we've handed the reigns to a competent leader for the athletic department.

I feel so much better about the direction of this program tonight. I hope we have purged the negative, stale influences and move on with new blood toward a brighter future.

Last edited:
Why are people talking about Riley? The guy isn’t going anywhere. He has it made in a weaker conference than SEC. He finally got the defense going this year so he is set for a title run next yr.

The comment about cleaning house in football makes me lean no Kiffin. I think he would def keep Tee and strongly consider Jay and Steele. That makes me think it’s someone else.

@BruinVol
I hope this doesn’t come off wrong, but with everything you had said over the past few days it seemed like you thought this program would be dead for at least a decade and not recover. With the new AD hiring are you shifting gears on that sentiment now, or are you still waiting for a new HC to be named?

Reactions: reeceb73
so, unpopular opinion here...first, i think Matt Campbell is a great coach....

but.
isn't possible sometimes guys are just great in the situation they're in and it's not for replication somewhere else? i'm not sold that he could be great here, or really anywhere else really....but he's perfect for Iowa St...and that's ok.....
🤦‍♂️ I can't even..

Bob Vols on Kiffin:

I believe he would be able to win big here. He’s grown up a lot since 2009. He has admitted to screwing up leaving here. I think he would be here as long as we would have him if he got another opportunity. I’ve talked to two different VFLs that played for him. They love him and he has told them he would come back in a heartbeat. Saban fears (healthy respect) him. Enough said. Money is not an obstacle on hiring the next coach.
Make it happen. Ready to head down to Oxford and get him.

Motley-Crue-cruerocks-rock-n-roll-38017677-245-175.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back