Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a waste of time allowing Steele to be HC. We need a big splash hire, kiffin, freeze type hire would set recruiting on fire, ignite the fan base and keep most of our players out of the portal. UT should know the longer it takes the worse it looks. Searches that take months don't end well. We should know that by now.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
He was trying not to throw him under the bus but should have said something like.

He worked really hard to get us back but ultimately made some big mistakes that we couldn’t live with and we have to move on. We’ll never know what he could have accomplished but we are committed to running this program the right way
Hard to have a well thought out response on the fly when you aren't already thinking that.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I try to imagine what I would tell 2012 me that, hey bummer you couldn’t hire Steele as Dooley’s DC after he was routed for 70 points in the bowl game. But just you wait, he’ll be your HC one day after some Vol-hatin’ Bammer drives your program into hell. You’ll get Steele on the cheap though because he was exiled from that very state for trying to usurp the Auburn throne by using boosters to overthrow the sitting HC.

Is this real life

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Is Dan Patrick touched in the head? Why in the hell would Witten be considered for the HC position? He has zero coaching experience.
Is our fan base touched in the head? They ran away with the McDonald’s thing, posting memes and gifs all over Twitter and yet I’ve barely seen a peep about the Witten thing. It’s just where we are I guess. We’re not a serious football school anymore.

I can almost guarantee that Gilbert will be the AD and will be announced this week.
I only have two questions for an incoming AD interview:

1. Do you have Hugh Freeze’s phone number?

2. Are you capable of signing your own name, theoretically speaking, on a document like a contract for Hugh Freeze?

Thank you for coming in today

The Chancellor just beat the drum about ethics, integrity and doing things "The Right Way." And the President echoed her, with less gusto. You don't go from that to Hugh Freeze without flaunting the hypocrisy.

But @LA Vol , Freeze is a born again man who has redeemed himself at a Christian University!

Anyone buyin that? Anyone? Hell, I think we should still try our damndest to sell it

That’s one he’s gonna wish he had back

That is your acting Athletic director.

Every step of the way in this position he has been a big ball of errors.

Press conferences, secondary violations for trying to coach the Oline, giving extensions, giving himself an extension ...

This is someone who should have never been an athletic director.
Only Tennessee would hire someone like this.
Literally no other school in America at any level would have approved Fulmer as Athletic director.

All the praise yesterday just showed me
we are completely lost, from the top on down.
Side note:
credit to Rick Barnes. What he is doing; out of this world!
I was not sold on him when we hired him but mannnn to think he is winning with these stooges bumbling around in the presidents and ADs office ... I can’t even fathom

Well AV and I finally agree

Atlanta VOL said:
Kiffin is a prick, liar, cheater and genuine bad person....trust me. Only about 10% of stuff about him while in ktown and other places has ever been reported.
Let’s refocus this thread on Big O.

I'm confused about this FU money... Is FU money short for **** you money? If so who are we FUing by bringing more money to the table? Just curious is all. I want the best hire but am concerned we may be limited with the sancations coming down the pipe.
FU money is a term given to the very wealthy. It's just a term that says they have so much money they can say FU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back