Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those who say Kiffin has a big ego, yes he does. But what fan base is out there that could fill it and give him what he wants? He hasn't coached here in a decade and loves trolling us because of how much some want him back. We are literally the only fan base in college football that could love him as much as he loves himself.

It's too bad Lane wouldn't stay with us for long, but then again, who does?

sdhry3ada7h21.jpg

If it is Steele, I don’t think it would be, all of the talk is around the staff he would put together. I would assume he would have to have a home run hire for OC since he’s a defensive guy. Who would that be? I know Chaney and Lebby have been mentioned but would either of those be considered a home run?

From Brent Hubbs:

"I asked the Chancellor's office three questions this morning that I'm awaiting an answer on.

1. Can Steele hire coaches and staff
2. Will Steele's contract be re-worked since he's the acting head coach
3. Will Fulmer be compensated the remainder of his contract or will his final compensation be his final day as AD

I'm still awaiting the answer to those three questions. I have heard that Steele will be allowed to hire but I want to hear that from the Chancellor."

If you or Hubbs thinks that our Admin is going to answer those questions honestly one day removed from letting our HC and AD go, I can't help you. They may answer in some way, but I wouldn't take it to the bank. Why would they answer questions like that to a reporter when the answer will tell everyone exactly which direction they are going in?

I never thought Pruitt hired him regardless of what was said. If Steele hires a coaching staff he is the coach. No one is going to come here with a staff hired by Kevin Steele waiting for them.
Maybe he is just hiring Rodney. Dont you dare make the roller coaster start going down.

Ingram sounds like a great hire if one thing
Can be explained

Does he deserve any criticism for UaBs football program being canceled to begin with?

It seems like he just got there before it was halted but could a stronger leader have done anything to stop it ???

Nope. Paul Bryant, Jr. and his control of the board of directors had sole responsibility for that mess.

I don't necessarily think Napier is wanting to come in and act like a Saban-esque a-hole, but instead he doesn't want to have to answer to anyone. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but the control he's looking for is "nobody can tell me no" level of control and that's not going to happen for him at this point.
Fair enough. He might not be a dick about it, but that's a hell of a request with the resume he has and demand "nobody can tell me no" control from a program like LSU. You gotta show something first.

Reactions: pierce60
Mark Ingram — The VFL is currently the athletics director at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. The former walk-on lettered in football in 1995 and 1996 while earning his Master’s degree in 1997.

Ingram worked in athletic development in 1998. After stints at Missouri and Georgia, Ingram returned to Tennessee in 2007 senior associate athletic director.

In May of 2015, Ingram was hired at UAB as the Director of Athletics. In his time as AD, Ingram has led the revival of the football program which includes the building of a new stadium.

Make it happen @Atlanta VOL @matts42012 @MetalVolunteer and then bring our boy Kiffin home.

I don’t have the same pull that AV or MV do. I just get some info. I’m a Vol fan who loves UT with all my heart and wants them to succeed. Would love to meet those guys one day!

Hey I heard Basilly-O say they will announce the new HC at the basketball game tonight.......... so I mean, since he said that, it must be true right? SMH

I believe searches like this can go as fast as the decision makers want, but it will be interesting to see if the pandemic speeds things up. I know everyone wants to meet in person but I think the efficiency of meeting in this pandemic via Zoom or whatnot could really make a difference in the timeline.

And will drive flight trackers and those hoping to see people leave campus buildings lives a little less fun.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back