Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Reactions: RiotVol
You know you're in the honeymoon stage of a coaching search when people are shooting down the idea of guys like Billy Napier. People forget how this goes. Just wait til we see what the list looks like in 3-4 weeks when we're talking about the Dave Doeren's of the world.
I dunno, we're all talking each other into syphilis, I think we're game for a lot right now

I would have said the same a couple years ago, but at this point I don't even give a ****. I just wanna win and I think he'd win with his offense + Steele's defense. There would have to be a contract clause that he pays back the remainder of his contract to the University if he leaves early though.

1611083973295.gif

Those are big IFs. Right now there are easily 15-25 jobs in college that would be UP. If he makes us successful that would be maybe cut in half.

Remember, Kiff jumped ship after one year from here to go to USC. If he made us successful and Bama came open, or Michigan, or tOSU, or ND - history tells us he would leave. History also says he would be the one calling them first.

It’s old fable of the scorpion and the frog. It’s the frog’s fault he believed the scorpion wouldn’t sting.
All true, but IF he is successful here, then the Tennessee job becomes highly attractive and if he left we would then certainly have many top coaches that would want this job. Much easier to hire a top coach when you have a successful program already in place. Further, if we are able to build this program back to its rightful place to one of the SEC elite, I feel the coach would have little incentive to leave if he's leading a successful program.

Reactions: barrylee
You know you're in the honeymoon stage of a coaching search when people are shooting down the idea of guys like Billy Napier. People forget how this goes. Just wait til we see what the list looks like in 3-4 weeks when we're talking about the Dave Doeren's of the world.
29b8369fc4330b8af34d6275c98f2efc.gif

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Jesus people ya Gotta give the freeze idea a rest. Not gonna happen.
I know right, there’s no way we can afford to fire JP in a Covid year! Get used to it , he is our coach for 2021!
any news on the new assistants he’s going to hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back