Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lists have been far more valid than 99% of the **** that gets thrown around in here.

Kevin Steele and Jamey Chadwell - those are the two candidates right now. Everything else is conjecture.

Lol.,.you don’t throw your program under the bus for Steele...that is pathetic.

Yeah, but why we protect Fulmer is beyond me. That circus of a press conference yesterday was nothing more than a pity party to babble about Fulmer. If they say Pruitt should be fired for cause because he is ultimately responsible for his coaches, why does that responsibility not reach to Fulmer? Because he is fat and jolly and he won a title a couple of decades ago?
I think it's purely to keep a gaggle of important boosters (Charlie Anderson, Allan Jones, Thunder Thornton, perhaps others) happy and donating money. Those guys are personal buddies with Fulmer and I think we keep Fulmer around to make those boosters feel like they're still in the fold.

Phil's "performance" and presence at that press conference yesterday was disgraceful.

I think it's purely to keep a gaggle of important boosters (Charlie Anderson, Allan Jones, Thunder Thornton, perhaps others) happy and donating money. Those guys are personal buddies with Fulmer and it's probably to make them feel like they're still in the fold.

Phil's "performance" and presence at that press conference yesterday was disgraceful.
I didn’t feel that way. Was sad for him.

At this point, UT should just leak the report and all the details. If it's as bad as it sounds, get it out of the way now instead of having another press cycle about it in 2 weeks.

lol Basilio just said that Pruitt had a ledger indicating who got what and where. Great job coach.
How could one be so stupid? Even if you had a ledger, which is dumb enough as it is, keep it at home in a safe or locked desk or something. That’s the dumbest $hit I’ve ever heard.

Reactions: 05_never_again
At this point, UT should just leak the report and all the details. If it's as bad as it sounds, get it out of the way now instead of having another press cycle about it in 2 weeks.

Yep. Get it all out now. The candidates for the job will have to know anyway

I didn't. He's played a not insignificant role in the creation of this mess to begin with. I'd have sympathy if he got tangled up in something he had nothing to do with.
True, but maybe that’s not well known to everyone. I just don’t think you fire Fulmer twice. On paper the good outweighs the bad. Especially when he’s the last coach to bring anything good to the program at all.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
But the truth is you have absolutely no idea what part he did or didnt play in this.
I'm not saying Phil played a role in this specific scandal of paying players.

I'm saying Phil played a role in 1) the initial falling off of the program in the late 2000s and 2) he hired Pruitt/listened to people who told him he should hire Pruitt.

Disagree 100%. Don't sit up there and say you are firing a guy for cause who was responsible for these coaches who committed these infractions while taking absolutely no blame yourself.

Then we disagree.

Pruitt isn't family. Fulmer is. He's lost his job. There is no reason to also destroy his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back