Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think Plowman and Boyd handled today?

-Hubbs

Hubbs took it easy on them.
Today was a cluster f***.

Everyone involved.

From the disgraced coaches, the tired AD, to the president of the university.

No wonder Tennessee football is on its ass. These are the people in charge

What a Joke.

Everybody seems to be throwing out the same name, Kiffin, Freeze, Marrone, Herman, etc. I like Freeze especially but if we are going to go for a proven Coach why no discussion of Gary Patterson, Kyle Whittingham, Pat Fitzgerald, or even Bronco Mendenhall.

Because the night just started...long way to "last call"🤪

VQ put up a coaching hotboard...

Steele
Herman
O’Brien
Marrone
Chadwell
Freeze
Kiffin
Campbell
Neal Brown
Jim Caldwell
Is this in order of most likely? If so, I have a problem with 3 of the top 4. Most importantly, Marrone. Get out of here with that nonsense! The dude is a has-been coach who wouldn’t make it here. We might as well give the keys back to Butch if we seriously believe Marrone is the answer.

Here's what is going to happen.

Mid February rolls around, we're struggling to find someone qualified who wants to deal with sanctions and a history of incompetence. The mouthpiece (VQ) reports that the players and administration are very impressed with the way Steele has managed things during the process. Soon after, he is promoted to HC.

Here's what is going to happen.

Mid February rolls around, we're struggling to find someone qualified who wants to deal with sanctions and a history of incompetence. The mouthpiece (VQ) reports that the players and administration are very impressed with the way Steele has managed things during the process. Soon after, he is promoted to HC.
That is basically program suicide but sounds 100% Tennessee. If we are hit with sanctions, I would love to see Chadwell get the nod. He is already doing a lot more with very little resources and in turn, he would some of the expectations knocked off the front end, while he starts building. There is no good scenario, if we are hammered, but I could get behind this one at least.

About the snitch:

Wasn't AV or a coup attempt.

A person complained to someone who worked directly for Plowman about players getting improper benefits and not giving a crap. They told Plowman and she acted. Genie out of the bottle. A little bitchin' that got to the wrong people.

I was told the name of both people. It serves no purpose to say them because it will bring an avalanche of hate down on them and their family.

I was told yesterday that it is out there and will break. Tifwiw.

We just took a leap. I have no idea where we'll land, but what we were doing wasn't working. We were already marching to our death, at least this way, we have a chance. That's how I look at it. I still have every faith that, "Hey we're UT, our admin will surely screw this up", but there's always a sliver of hope we actually do something right. A chance is better than no chance, and that's where I feel we were with Pruitt. He had no clue what he was doing.
This isn't about Pruitt. He was going to get fired now or later for failure. We can not and will never compete with the professional machines at Alabama, Georgia, Florida..etc etc etc..by being squeaky clean....period.

Recruiting will really tank, and we will be Vanderbilts big brother for real and forever. You can not compete in the SEC for championships with classes ranked in the high teens and twenties.

I do not see how that fact is not apparent to everyone.

Reactions: Catbone and Tnfan41
About the snitch:

Wasn't AV or a coup attempt.

A person complained to someone who worked directly for Plowman about players getting improper benefits and not giving a crap. They told Plowman and she acted. Genie out of the bottle. A little bitchin' that got to the wrong people.

I was told the name of both people. It serves no purpose to say them because it will bring an avalanche of hate down on them and their family.

I was told yesterday that it is out there and will break. Tifwiw.
They deserve what's coming then.

He admitted to all of it

Hubbs just reported that a source went directly to Plowman

AV told us his group was going to execute a coup to remove fulmer since he wouldn’t get rid of Pruitt

Go read all of AVs post on December 24th and you will see
Dude, shut up! My word, you are unbearable! AV and his group are NOT going to go to Plowman with possible sanctions and destroy the program to get Pruitt and Fulmer out. They invest a ton of money for this program...they aren’t that stupid. The coup is probably talking about after the leak and all the investigation had started, and Fulmer was still digging in not wanting to get rid of Pruitt, which would have even been MORE DEVASTATING for the program. Can you imagine keeping Pruitt after all of this came out??? Talk about lack of institutional control!! We would get the death penalty trying to keep him. That’s why Fulmer had to go.

Last decent year was 2008 when he went 13-3. Got beat by a 11-5 Baltimore. His last 7 years of coaching he was 45-63. Let’s dive deeper. Here are his teams offensive rankings since 2004.
2004- 11
2005- 17
2006- 27
2007- 21
2008- 21
2009- 12
2010- 27
2011- 31
2012- 23
2013- 30
2014- 28
2015- 32

Please explain what these numbers tell you.

I’m no huge Jeff Fisher proponent, but his QBs were ancient Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles. No one is winning with those guys as your regular starting QB.

Reactions: turdherder11
Pruitt needed to be gone and Phil as well. They got it right today. NCAA coming into this and us blind would’ve got us scorched earth. Appreciate those like AV that give a damn about Tennessee. Fulmer was sucking the tit dry and I like him. But it was time for the failed AD and coach to leave. For once in years I saw competence. She said the right things and now we get a coach and let it play out. Quit being a baby. You’re better than that.
SAY IT LOUDER FOR @BruinVol IN THE BACK!!!! And this is coming from someone with way more connections to the program than you, Bruin. Time to step back and zip your confrontational mouth. Your agenda with AV is insufferable.

My guess is O’Brien. He has a clean reputation and did a stellar job navigating Penn State through their post-Paterno sanctions. A proven winner in a very tough situation. He makes a lot of sense from several angles.
I think it would be a homerun considering what we might be dealing with from this investigation.

Reactions: MrVolton
Here you go judge for yourself

and this last one is my favorite. Liar liar pants on fire

You have a really weird, almost disturbing infatuation with AV. Like it is legit strange. Log off, take your ball, go home kicking and screaming. We're all really sorry you didn't get your way.

Here's all anyone needs to know about you. You stand up high on your soapbox about fans posting things on social media hurting the program, more specifically Twitter, with the argument this site is not the same and not viewed by as broad of an audience. You then backtrack and constantly barrage an incognito poster online while always trying to float and regurgitate controversy. Your contrarian shtick is played out man. Get a new troll game.

You went from calling Pruitt a dumb redneck Gump who deserved to be fired among other things, to championing his drawn out tenure with Rocky movie references for a solid 2 weeks, all within the short span of a month, so I don't ever wanna see you give fans **** about knee-jerk reactions. Don't make me get the receipts out as Bass would say.

And now all I can think of when I see your username..... I pity the fool.

They deserve what's coming then.
Perhaps. I don't think party A's motivation was to tear anything down. Party B may have Linda Tripped party A to Plowman. Plowman did it by the book.

Pruitt is gone. Bad head coach. I would have preferred they fired him for performance , paid him, and cleaned up the mess internally.

You have a really weird, almost disturbing infatuation with AV. Like it is legit strange. Log off, take your ball, go home kicking and screaming. We're all really sorry you didn't get your way.

Here's all anyone needs to know about you. You stand up high on your soapbox about fans posting things on social media hurting the program, more specifically Twitter, with the argument this site is not the same and not viewed by as broad of an audience. You then backtrack and constantly barrage an incognito poster online while always trying to float and regurgitate controversy. Your contrarian shtick is played out man. Get a new troll game.

You went from calling Pruitt a dumb redneck Gump who deserved to be fired among other things, to championing his drawn out tenure with Rocky movie references for a solid 2 weeks, all within the short span of a month, so I don't ever wanna see you give fans **** about knee-jerk reactions. Don't make me get the receipts out as Bass would say.

And now all I can think of when I see your username..... I pity the fool.

Bruin is a contrarian. The easiest way for him to get attention is hammer on something everyone else likes. It’s like dealing with a toddler. He’s mostly fine, but when he gets like this, just ignore him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back