Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows everyone and is extremely likable. Those are huge things for an AD. The other stuff I’m not so sure of.
That's true, and I'd love for him to be back on Rocky Top in some capacity, but Plowman just talked about how they're looking for an experienced Athletic Director.

I think it'll be Gilbert.

People really want to hire Kiffin when Clay Helton is going into the season on the hot seat and USC might be looking for a coach in December

You think USC would rehire Lane again? I would love for him to get a 2nd chance on the hill but I doubt either program would give him another chance.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Cleaning house is one thing. It generally does mitigate damages, and let's be real-- UT really wanted Pruitt out on the cheap, after extending him months prior, and a vocal faction wanted Fulmer gone sooner rather than later. But most schools don't invite the scrutiny, dig deep and uncover more than what was initially reported, then make sure the NCAA knows everything. Plowman knew what she was doing by hiring an outside firm that espouses full disclosure. She made a play.

Boyd's a smart guy, and he knows sports. He knows how programs are run. Pruitt was an unpopular, losing HC and UT needed to clean up a big mess, but everybody above Fulmer wasn't deaf and blind to everything happening under his watch. UT eliminated some problems, saved some money (we'll see how that plays out) and gets a do-over, but Plowman just put the program and everybody in it under a microscope.
In your opinion, was it worth it to put us under a microscope? Does she really want a clean program, or is that just diplomatic speech?

People really want to hire Kiffin when Clay Helton is going into the season on the hot seat and USC might be looking for a coach in December

Kiffin is a wild card, but IF we did hire him, I cannot imagine even him hopping to 3 different jobs in 3 years with TWO of them being retreads. If he leaves Ole Miss for another job, I think he'll be at that next stop for awhile if he succeeds there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back