Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If UT paid money for Maurer, they needed to be caught. I was reading up to the point when you named Maurer as being paid
I think Maurer’s role in all this was handing it out to recruits. Probably why his tweets were so weird too. JP turned him into a pimp/rainman for croots and it completely changed him —from play to personality. IDK any of that to be true but it’s what I think based on the rumors I’ve heard.

Charles Davis will be hired within the next two days, UT will be talking to Hugh Freeze this evening. Gus will be approached along with Napier.
One issue with Davis is a buyout from Fox sports.
I am not an insider, got a call from someone who is close with someone in the AD.
Money was payed to Mims, Toot, Mauer and Gray. Georgia and Michigan are part of this in some way.
The guy who called said he played travel baseball with Chadwell, talked with him last week and he had not been approached.
New AD will not hire the next coach, Plowman will.
Like I said, I am no insider. TIFWIW
Haslams want Freeze
Thunder wants Gus
Not sure who is pushing Napier
How does Charles Davis make sense at the AD position?

You’re right.

I think Kiffin has done well at Ole Miss.

However, it’s a risk to bring him back considering he doesn’t stay at the same job very long.
Hopefully we would protect ourselves better on the buyout so its not easy for him to leave. If he's not interested in that, offer more money and make it known we want him here long term. If he's not Interested then either offer more money or cut ties. But not many people are going to want this job.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Last I'll say on this...

What exactly does he owe you, that he should answer your question with any answer, other than what he chooses? And since when does he owe you or anyone on here 100% transparency?

This ain't a deposition and you ain't an attorney so, as far as I'm concerned, he couldn've told you he was Peyton Manning himself and just sit back and laugh at you wet yourself over this obsession of yours.

You're the same type person who ran off every other kind of insider that decided to come on here and share just table scraps worth of information. Just sit back and take it for what it's worth, instead of whining like a petulant, self-entitled child that is owed the truth, just because you asked for it.

I have a 7 year old that whines less than you...and more honest too, Mr. Ban Bet. Now, go sit in a corner.
giphy.gif

Knox News article says: Tennessee also fired assistant coaches Brian Niedermeyer and Shelton Felton for cause on Monday, along with seven members of the football program’s recruiting and support staff.
How many of those fired had Alabama connections with Pruitt? If they brought those tactics from Bama, it just shows you that things get swept under the rug at Bama. Plowman said someone came to her with credible information of recruiting violations in the football program. Do you think that would happen at Bama :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Man.... busy all day and can’t keep up. I should just quit my job and tell the fam that a coaching search is more important. Biden bucks should coming soon right?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I've heard voice recordings on how college basketball coaches recruits. There are no gentleman's agreements in college recruiting. This is a fairy tale view of hoping things will end up alright.
Everyone has heard those same recordings, including the NCAA, and nothing is happening to anyone involved

I will say one thing we've got going for us with this search we didn't with the Pruitt one.

1. a few big name hires are unemployed right now (Gus, Herman, NFL names, etc.)
2. a few hot name hires are making peanuts at smaller schools (Freeze, Napier, Chadwell, etc.)
3. one free transfer rule, will we lose guys...probably but most will have to eat humble pie to go somewhere lesser. SEC is going to road block potential in conference freebies but a smaller school hire may be able to fill gaps from his former team
4. our admin to their credit has stayed ahead of the crazy that happened last time, they waited until all things had ran the course before announcing anything and when they did it was fast. what little the media had before was speculation at best
Yes, except for the leak before the game has been the only real leak that's been allowed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back