Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They preached integrity and doing it the right way in that press conference. They aren’t hiring Kiffin or Freeze.

Maybe they throw the checkbook at Campbell?
That was all lip service to the NCAA. I mean what else should they have said when we fired 10+ people for recruiting violations? I think theyre both still in play.

Herman’s record at Texas is misleading. Other than his 1st year, he had equal or better talent in every game - yet he only made it to the big 12 title game once (and lost). Herman underachieves with all the talent and resources given to him, why on earth do we want that here?

Also, his offense is frustrating af and so predictable. He’s no offensive guru like some of y’all make him out to be. Watch his games against Oklahoma, Oklahoma state, tcu, Iowa state. It’ll make ya pull your hair out.

Wtf are you firstly, and secondly what are you smoking?

In 4 years at Texas he won 64% despite Charlie Strong handing over a 3 year teardown (his best win total was 6 in his 3 years). He also went 4-0 in bowl games, and in his 50 games there only 5 losses by 10 or more. His teams are competitive and he can score points and 3 of his 4 seasons at Texas they finished in the top 25. His worst offense at Texas finished 53rd in the country and averaged 29.5 PPG... (also his first year there). UT has only had 3 offenses finish in the top 55 in the last decade.

We don’t know that any of these guys will be. It’s an interim deal. Guys get that gig and then get let go later all the time.
You think it’s possible Steele won’t be on the next staff? I find that very unlikely. He’s be an analyst at minimum. He’s riding a comfy buyout gig right now and just wants to help get UT back.

JG so bad of a QB he got 2 coaches fired.

Anyone that truly believes Mims family is who turned in TN is kidding themselves. You don’t jeapordize your own kids eligibility before he plays a game and bring on a target on your son. That is just the bs a poster here wants you to believe. Plowman didn’t answer the question for a reason. It was an inside job where a booster handed a full plate of dirty info to overthrow a Hc and AD they hate without understanding the bigger picture. Instead y’all rather trash VQ who keeps it real for someone that says what you want to hear. You should listen to VQ when they say you just screwed your potential candidates.

I will say Plowman has worded everything in a way to directly point everything to the staff and not the administration in order to paint a picture to NCAA it’s not institutional issue it was a coaches failure to monitor. That is my only hope here is they kept everything else clean.

The problem is the NCAA kicks the ones that are already down further down and let the money makers get away with everything.

If Peyton heavily involved with search then I’d expect Ingram his former teammate or Gilbert who used to be at TN. VQ and Low talking Gilbert then I’d say he is already lined up and if anything your basketball program is your top dog now so keep Barnes happy. Peyton better not push Gase. He should really push Jim Caldwell if he is pushes an NFL guy.

They preached integrity and doing it the right way in that press conference. They aren’t hiring Kiffin or Freeze.

Maybe they throw the checkbook at Campbell?
Agreed on the Freeze and Kiffin front and I wanted Freeze or else. We ain’t getting him.

We ain’t getting a “10 year” coach like they talked about in the PC. Not with the NCAA sanctions coming. It’ll have to be a bridge hire.

Who's in the mix to be next Tennessee coach on Rocky Top?
Lane Kiffin’s likely in a category similar to Freeze, except Kiffin would have come back to Rocky Top in 2017 when Pruitt was hired, per sources with intimate knowledge of the situation, but Fulmer was not remotely willing to consider Kiffin at that time.
All the Kiffin stuff when he was here was minor and that was a long time ago. He never got in trouble at USC, as an assistant at Bama, or at FAU that I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back