Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“QB Play was awful”
*brings in a top transfer QB with Hendon Hooker and gets rid of the cancerous Jarrett Guarantano*

“OL was a dissappointment”
*fired the OLine coach*

“DL was terrible”
*likely about to bring in one of the nations top DL coaches*

“We can’t pass rush”
*replaces Deandre Johnson and Kivon Bennett with Dylan Brooks and Big Kat Bryant

“Linebackers can’t cover”
*brings in Kevin Steele*

So far Pruitt has addressed multiple needs. Lot of work for a “fired” head coach

If he makes a good OL coaching hire, brings in Gilbert and brings in a solid nickel DB to help the slant pass what complaints will we have left

Pruitt isn't HC material. You'll be calling for his head by October. See you then.

Then it’s gonna be a boring year for you... I honestly enjoyed some parts of this past season, Hyatt, gray, watching Bailey come in... of course I’m a fan that would be happy to win 8-10 a year or at least be competitive. I think Pruitt could potentially do that with the right Qb and Coordinators in place.

I’m not sure when y’all started watching UT football but I don’t remeber a year where we just clobbered everyone we played. Even with Peyton there were some head scratching losses. Our championship team probably should’ve/could’ve just as easily lost 3-4 games that year.

My point is, enjoy the process, root on our guys and quit fantasizing about being Bama.

Nobody is fantasizing about being Bama.

Beating Kentucky and Arkansas shouldn’t be too much to ask in your third year of coaching don’t you think?

I’m honestly just tired of putting all our eggs in the incoming QB basket. It’s not fair to the kids. I’m ready for us to get to the point again where it’s assumed a freshman QB won’t have a chance to start unless he’s just special.
Very good point. We've been sold Dobbs as a program changer, then JG, HB, and before HB even took the field we were being told KS is going to be the kid who turns this around. KS hasn't even gotten to campus and people are talking if we don't get TS we are in serious trouble.

I'm sick of going to a steakhouse and being served a happy meal. We need competent offensive minds, who are allowed to do their offensive jobs, and develop players. Meaning make them better. Its currently not happening.

Sorry.... Rant over.

I honestly don’t think Shrout was given a real chance tho either
From reports I have seen.... he had issues with turnovers in practice as well as games..... he does have potential with that arm strength.... I really feel bailey and salter may be different though.

Tony B just opened his post game basketball show with him doubling down again basically saying he still thinks he is gone. Will elaborate more on it at the end of the show after he has talked basketball
Tomorrow is the day? Nah. Pretty sure I read first team meetings are Monday ahead of semester start. Figure we'll know Pruitt's status by COB on Monday.

Very good point. We've been sold Dobbs as a program changer, then JG, HB, and before HB even took the field we were being told KS is going to be the kid who turns this around. KS hasn't even gotten to campus and people are talking if we don't get TS we are in serious trouble.

I'm sick of going to a steakhouse and being served a happy meal. We need competent offensive minds, who are allowed to do their offensive jobs, and develop players. Meaning make them better. Its currently not happening.

Sorry.... Rant over.
More like potted meat!

Reactions: Skizer41
From reports I have seen.... he had issues with turnovers in practice as well as games..... he does have potential with that arm strength.... I really feel bailey and salter may be different though.
From watching JG for 3-4 years I don’t think Shrout could possibly turn the ball over as much as JG & JG’s were compounded by several of them being pick or fumble 6’s

I’m telling you, i could talk myself into 8-4 next year if we had a different OC. Never mind the investigation, if I’m Pruitt I’m not putting my future in the hands of Chaney next year.
Hank I love ya bro.... But don't do that to yourself 🤣🤣🤣

He runs what the HC wants. He’s not bad but he’s far from great and he’s not a guy that’s gonna cover up talent deficiencies
I don’t know about that..... let’s see what he can do with a full offseason and a competent qb..... JG couldn’t even complete a swing place.... JT and Maurer weren’t much better.... I feel bailey can be on another level.

Reactions: Vol4ever
Then it’s gonna be a boring year for you... I honestly enjoyed some parts of this past season, Hyatt, gray, watching Bailey come in... of course I’m a fan that would be happy to win 8-10 a year or at least be competitive. I think Pruitt could potentially do that with the right Qb and Coordinators in place.

I’m not sure when y’all started watching UT football but I don’t remeber a year where we just clobbered everyone we played. Even with Peyton there were some head scratching losses. Our championship team probably should’ve/could’ve just as easily lost 3-4 games that year.

My point is, enjoy the process, root on our guys and quit fantasizing about being Bama.
Hyatt barely got the ball. Bailey would come in for a series and then be replaced by a guy that’s not even here anymore. Exciting stuff!

Reactions: GoBears

I have been watching for 40 years and Pruitt is in way over his head and nobody should want to be Bama I wanna be better!

From watching JG for 3-4 years I don’t think Shrout could possibly turn the ball over as much as JG & JG’s were compounded by several of them being pick or fumble 6’s
I agree with that but it all comes down with who you have more faith in.... I’m sure they were hoping to have an off season so they could slide bailey in the lineup...... It’s hard to feel like it will be better/different when you make a move and he comes right in and throws a pick.

“QB Play was awful”
*brings in a top transfer QB with Hendon Hooker and gets rid of the cancerous Jarrett Guarantano*

“OL was a dissappointment”
*fired the OLine coach*

“DL was terrible”
*likely about to bring in one of the nations top DL coaches*

“We can’t pass rush”
*replaces Deandre Johnson and Kivon Bennett with Dylan Brooks and Big Kat Bryant

“Linebackers can’t cover”
*brings in Kevin Steele*

So far Pruitt has addressed multiple needs. Lot of work for a “fired” head coach

If he makes a good OL coaching hire, brings in Gilbert and brings in a solid nickel DB to help the slant pass what complaints will we have left
-Clock management
- stop being an ass to staff/media (or at least pause until you've got 2 natty's)
- stop meddling in the offense
-stop getting out coached in the second half
- speaking of offense let's find some

Just off the top of my head.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back