Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last paragraph is obvious so back to the first one. Let's just say a leader makes any team better. You said that success comes first then you lead. As if Al would not have been a leader if he was on a bad team. Disagree with that. He may not have been on the national championship team if he were on a bad team, but he would have been a leader and made his team the best they could have possibly been because that is what leaders do. He also lead that talented Tennessee team to win against other talented teams.
Yep. We don't finish 2019 undefeated if it wasn't for Jauan Jennings. The team missed his leadership this year. Nobody stepped into that role.

Last edited:
Pruitt's possible defensive staff next season:

Co-DC/Secondary: Derrick Ansley
Co-DC/ILB: Kevin Steele
OLB: Shelton Felton
DL/DT: Rodney Garner
DL/DE: Lance Thompson

The offensive staff is key. That’s what wins in modern football. We’re still trotting out Chaney who everyone in the SEC has been studying since 1945

Just wrote a recommendation letter for a friend applying for a job at ETSU.

I really miss east TN. Not being able to get back up there because of the 'Rona is killing me.

All of you who live there now need to take a moment and appreciate it for those who don't live there anymore.
Well...it's "changing" daily.

Not the same town I grew up in, that's for sure.

Just wrote a recommendation letter for a friend applying for a job at ETSU.

I really miss east TN. Not being able to get back up there because of the 'Rona is killing me.

All of you who live there now need to take a moment and appreciate it for those who don't live there anymore.
Home sweet Home, I love East TN. Although I am trying to get out for a bit.

What would the offensive staff look like? Even with solid defensive coaching, the roster isn't such that the defense will be dominant.

Good question. Don’t know. I know I’m ready to see what they do to fix the offense. I think the Harrison Bailey takes a big step forward in year 2 with Chaney. We need an elite recruiter on that side of the ball, and an o line coach that doesn’t shuffle players around like it’s hockey. So, itd be nice if Tee and Jay stayed, and we gave Weinke a git shirt and brought in someone who knows a thing or two about qbs. I mean, hell, go get someone out of the NFL like Bo Hardegree and start rebuilding the UT coach pipeline we lost.

I don’t know, y’all. I’m just spitballing. I don’t think he’s gonna get fired or else he’d already be fired. Trying to make chicken salad out of chickensh&) because I’m a optimist at heart.

Last edited:
Hot take incoming:

Supremely talented player and A+ character kid, but HT doesn’t have that mental edge. This is, what, the second or third time we’ve had to beg him to come back to campus.

This staff and administration has been a mess. It's like a bad car wreck you can't take your eyes off. He has more patience than I do, I would transfer out of that mess as fast as possible.

If this staff were possible I’d be for it:

OC: Lebby
WR: Zach Azzani
OL: Stacy Searels
TE: Ossovet I guess
RB Robert Gillespie

The last paragraph is obvious so back to the first one. Let's just say a leader makes any team better. You said that success comes first then you lead. As if Al would not have been a leader if he was on a bad team. Disagree with that. He may not have been on the national championship team if he were on a bad team, but he would have been a leader and made his team the best they could have possibly been because that is what leaders do. He also lead that talented Tennessee team to win against other talented teams.
It's much harder to get people to follow you if the organization isn't being successful. It's really, really hard to lead if you aren't any good. Many people over the years came on here and said things like "It's disappointing that JG, as the QB, isn't more of a leader." But he stunk. Yes, he played hard, was tough as nails, etc. But guys aren't going to follow behind a guy that isn't a good player. Think about leaders in other contexts, like at your office. Are the leaders in your office low-performing employees? My guess is no. My guess also is that if JG was a good QB, he absolutely would have been viewed as a leader, and his own personal attitude would have been a lot better. You want to know why his body language was often so bad? Because he stunk. He appeared to have all the confidence in the world after he made a great play. You gotta have some results first, build some confidence, then you can lead. He was never able to string enough good plays together to ever have true confidence in himself.

That was not a great Tennessee team because Al Wilson was a leader. That was a great team, so Al Wilson became a leader. Leadership is often the difference between a great team and a championship-winning team. I don't think it is typically the difference between a mediocre team and a title winner, or a good team and a title winner.

We already starting the we gonna be better with Pruitt next year with the awesome staff he’s gonna have...Lol When Kiffin hangs 60 on us it will be pleasant in here.
I don't think hardly anyone thinks we are going to be better next year

Traveling to Cali likely means he is back IMO. I'm not sure how you can be "more sure" he's gone with this.

This staff, along with Plowman and Boyd are complete jokes. This is clinic on how not do to ****. It's really gonna burn when we lose our best defensive player because JP thought it would be a good idea to have BN coach LBs

Tennessee football has a deep rooted culture problem. It has remained through multiple coaches, ADs, presidents, and chancellors.

Things will not change until an incredible leader arrives on the scene and starts creating a healthy culture. That leader can be at any of the above levels, it just takes one person to start changing things.

Until that person shows up, this will remain our plight.

Best post I have seen in a long time. The UT administration is too political and ignores the people who love and support the university. If they had to be elected, they would all be voted out of office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back