Explain This...

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Explain how keeping Pruitt will help the ‘22 class when he couldn’t even recruit the top players in the state of Tennessee this year? I personally don’t care where we get our players from but this is still embarrassing.

95573997-E3C7-470C-8570-19D8CED00AB5.jpeg

Remember when Fulmer cherry picked from GA, NC and SC for all that talent? Well, UT is now the program near death and those other teams are picking our bones instate.
Yep

Been saying it over and over Tennessee has changed, get out of East Tennessee and recruit. Everybody in the SEC now know the middle Tennessee are is a hot bed of recruits and Memphis has plenty of athletes.

Reactions: Chitlin&theDude
Explain how keeping Pruitt will help the ‘22 class when he couldn’t even recruit the top players in the state of Tennessee this year? I personally don’t care where we get our players from but this is still embarrassing.

View attachment 339075

We aren't as visible in the Nashville area as the prior staff. We have an outdated offensive scheme that cost us Wolfe (shocking, TEs actually want to catch the ball). We thought Bringingstool was too small since our outdated philosophy treats TEs as the 6th OL. We thought we had better LBs committed but our staff didn't see the writing on the wall with a couple of them. Pruitt plays an outdated defensive philosophy that emphasizes big corners and we wanted Turrentine to play CB. He wanted to play S and Ohio State agreed. The rest of the guys we just missed.

Reactions: VOL-TIL-I-DIE
Didn’t Pruitt say in his introductory press conference that we were going to “build a fence” around the state of Tennessee in regards to recruiting?

Dead weight, not wanting to exhibit patience and get onboard the Pruitt Train Done Real Good Moving....uhhh......Fah-wahd, Aight? (PTDRGMuFA?)

Reactions: MocVol
Been saying it over and over Tennessee has changed, get out of East Tennessee and recruit. Everybody in the SEC now know the middle Tennessee are is a hot bed of recruits and Memphis has plenty of athletes.

In Pruitt's defense, he did make Memphis a recruiting priority when he hired David Johnson. Of course, Johnson went to FSU and we have let that area go now (Kiffin will likely cherry pick that region). This staff has never made Middle TN the priority it should be. Butch Jones had a lot of faults but he saw the demographic trends that made Middle TN the hotbed in this state and treated it as such.

Reactions: Volfanjohnny2005
I was never very excited about the Pruitt hire but the one thing that made me feel a little better was that he was supposedly this great recruiter. He did pretty well at first but it’s all falling apart now. Overall, he has been a disappointment from a recruiting perspective imo.

Reactions: Alto1
In Pruitt's defense, he did make Memphis a recruiting priority when he hired David Johnson. Of course, Johnson went to FSU and we have let that area go now (Kiffin will likely cherry pick that region). This staff has never made Middle TN the priority it should be. Butch Jones had a lot of faults but he saw the demographic trends that made Middle TN the hotbed in this state and treated it as such.

Lane Kiffin will own Memphis and greater West Tennessee in the next few years.

I was never very excited about the Pruitt hire but the one thing that made me feel a little better was that he was supposedly this great recruiter. He did pretty well at first but it’s all falling apart now. Overall, he has been a disappointment from a recruiting perspective imo.

Pruitt's issue isnt his recruiting. The issue isnt the talent he's recruiting, its coaching and developing that talent..

Didn’t Pruitt say in his introductory press conference that we were going to “build a fence” around the state of Tennessee in regards to recruiting?
well he did.....he just built it on the west side of knoxville.

What's sadder is that every one of those top 1-8 went outside the SEC, too. I mean, I guess that's good that we don't have to compete against them but we cant even keep talent in the conference. Kids seeing greener pastures and less competition outside the SEC? Who knows. Still sucks that Pruitt can keep anyone in state, much less in conference.

Butch recruited better in state than Pruitt

Butch was better at selling snake oil to the top recruits in Tennessee, he gave none of those kids an opportunity to showcase or develope their talents, he was too busy with the hype machine, the smokey gray uniforms, the battle at Bristol, the kick off classic in the Georgia Dome, the renewal of the Tech rivalry in the Benz, form over substance, a known killer of any program

For a better understanding, sit down with Tee Higgins and he can explain it well.

VN Store

Back