Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try to do a recap of what we know and why I think it is still true Pruitt is going to be fired (and likely this week.)

Every reputable insider we have, from Volquest (both staff and posters), 247, Basilio, Chris Low, etc. all say Pruitt's fate will be determined by what is found in the investigation.

If you accept that as fact, and we have no reason not to, let's take a look at what would need to be found to fire Pruitt for cause.

View attachment 338558

Now, here's what we know about the investigation from reputable reporting:
1) Some undisclosed impermissible benefit to Eric Gray. We know this because he sat out the Texas A&M game. It has also been reported that this was minor and he likely would have played the next week if there was a game.
2) We have likely been paying for hotels for prospects on unofficial visits - we don't know the full scope of this just yet.
3) Undisclosed impermissible benefit to Amarius Mims - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.

There are also rumors swirling about other issues, but they have not been confirmed (yet):
1) Neidermeyer and Pruitt were found to have burner phones they didn't disclose to compliance.
2) Undisclosed impermissible benefits to Darnell Washington - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.
3) Georgia fans have run with a story that we gave Mims a credit card and let him spend whatever he wanted at a strip club.
4) Assistant coaches gave Maurer and Gray access to a credit card to host players on visits.

When you look at what we know as fact (the first column), it is very easy to get to a point in which we have committed either a Level I or Level II violation, and probably a handful of them, at least. Add into this the fact that Jeremy Pruitt is 16-19 as a head coach here, we're not letting him hire coaches, he is not well liked in the building, and half the boosters already want him gone, and it is very easy to see the path this is road is going down. It is just a matter of time.
This is a good post... so my response is, what is taking so long? Over two months?

You’ve been on the Chip Kelley and Chris Petersen train before. Not that there’s anything wrong with that...
Don't know who Chip Kelley is, but regardless. There are three kinds of strategies.

1) Established
2) Gimmick
3) Ahead of its time

The spread was clearly ahead of its time. The spread triple option is clearly a gimmick.

Not that it makes much of a difference. What happens when ahead of its time becomes the established offense? Then your coach can no longer get by on scheme only. Which is why Chip Kelly all of the sudden can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I'm not saying Chadwell is a bad coach. I'm not saying he doesn't know offense or can't adapt to the SEC. But if you want to hire him because he runs a neato offense, that is a bad idea. It's a bad idea because gimmick offenses are not established offenses for a reason, and everyone catches up to offenses that are ahead of their time. A playbook is not a sustainable advantage.

Ask Gus Malzahn. He's been running that same tired variation of his gimmick offense and it hasn't worked in almost a decade.

If anybody didn’t already hate the state of UT football...

***believe they would’ve had to stay to JR year academically***

Also no idea if this is actually true bc I don’t want to look it up

You don't even need to recruit anymore.

Just send them a text - you wanna win a natty? Sign here!

This is a good post... so my response is, what is taking so long? Over two months?
Here's my hope: they are being extremely thorough and want to make sure they have everything totally buttoned up before making the move. Also, hopefully, they are running a stealth search in the background.

Here's my fear: it is not unanimously accepted among the administration (above Fulmer) that they want to fire Pruitt and are legitimately waiting for a full report before making the decision. When they get the report, they will be blindsided by what is found, but still not unanimous about what the next step is. A fractured decision-making process either leads to belatedly and begrudgingly firing Pruitt, or it leads to keeping him through the issues because we're so late in the calendar.

Lol maybe this experience is what led Freeze down the wrong path

Oh yeah definitely he was careless and let boosters go wild. I think Freeze would know now how far he can take it without going too far. At the same time he wouldn’t be at the same disadvantages at a program like TN and could recruit without having to get out of control. Pruitts mistake is he thought he had to get more aggressive than he really had to and he had a new guard of people behind the scenes that weren’t used to playing the game in this way and know that it’s better to not talk about it instead of looking for ecred on a public board. I’m surprised nobody has connected the dots with who here was connected to the two recruits the investigation circles around and openly bragged about things on this board being down in the recruitment. Then when no longer like Pruitt suggested it was ok to throw him to the wolves without regard to how bad that could be.

I think everyone is looking at this from the wrong perspective. We aren't going to make a home run hire, we aren't in the position to do so. What we need to do is focus on making a solid hire. Someone who can run the program, can put together a competent staff to teach the positions and develop players, bring stability back to the program.

I think Marrone would be excellent in this regard, he can command a program make competent decisions in staffing and be a football CEO. All we need him to do is stabilize the program for 2 to 3 years and put us in a better position for the next hire.

At this point we are dumpster fire, we need someone solid who can handle this job.

I think everyone is looking at this from the wrong perspective. We aren't going to make a home run hire, we aren't in the position to do so. What we need to do is focus on making a solid hire. Someone who can run the program, can put together a competent staff to teach the positions and develop players, bring stability back to the program.

I think Marrone would be excellent in this regard, he can command a program make competent decisions in staffing and be a football CEO. All we need him to do is stabilize the program for 2 to 3 years and put us in a better position for the next hire.

At this point we are dumpster fire, we need someone solid who can handle this job.
sooo......Freeze then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back